We have graffiti artists coming to the Space part of the AudioVault Friday evenings. If we give them suggestions on what we would like for the space, we may end up with insto decoration art!
Suggest spraying standard 3mm MDF boards - will be easy to stack, mount high on walls in the space, rearrange, etc - modular!
* Avoid anything simply psychedelic for the sake of psychedelic. need to keep up the appearence of “drug-free” and “mature” space etc etc. It is easy to work crazy visuals into venue-themed things… see below!
* Emphasize technology, invention, crayz mad power/possibility that comes from unleashing mind, technology, imagination… (Buzz Lightyear?)
* Work in the MAD SCIENCE / INVENTION / INFINITY AND BEYOND hacker motive, and there's a good chance it will go on permanent display.
* Do feel free to use the Artifactory logo - we'll plaster those all over the wall in a heartbeat.
* Statler and Waldorf, the old grumpy men booing at the Muppet Show cast from their box high on the right of the stage.
* We need: a Theatre Box, in vaudville style, and statler and waldorf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statler_and_Waldorf
* SKoT to build box, and mount on wall.
* Artists to make “vaudeville theatre box” wall, and the “cutout” figures of the old men.
* later: connect to Twitter to allow people to send live-reviews of whatever is going on stage at Artifactory, and video-project speech bubbles from the old men!
* Potions! Mad science!
* Light shining thru complex glassware with condensers, beakers, radioactive glowing green bubbling fluids, twirly pipes.
* Good excuse for spray-paint “shines” and lightlights from the glassware, and strong colours for the potions
* Potential location: over the bar, with “Bar d'factory written on them?”
* Another excuse for techno-artisty with teh spray cans, with glass shine effects, lots of complicated bits inside, and backdrop could be a highlight-explosion ka-pow type thing. Yeah! VALVE it, baby!
* Potential location: over electronics area, with “Electronics” label on art.
* anything with electrocal zaps is good too - like 1930's mad scientist films with Tesla Coils, etc…
* 1950's B-grade robots. We love 'em. That say “Mad Science” like nothing else.
* See GIANT ROBOT himself, hanging over the space!
* Also, Mad Scientist makes GIANT ANTS to attack city. Dr Doom type evil megalomaniac themes are good.
* Zeppelins! Images
* Steam ostriches!
* Steam trains!