User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committeerulings

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committeerulings [20190228-1342]
fletcher
committee:committeerulings [20190623-2305] (current)
blakesamuels [Rehearsal Room - Casual Usage] consistency of mod info
Line 102: Line 102:
  
 ===== Officers ===== ===== Officers =====
 +
 +==== Events Officer(s) ====
 +Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27
 +
 +  * Post events to social media/​calendars in coordination with event hosts
 +  * Coordinating with external groups that wish to run events at the space
 +  * Coordinate with existing non-member event hosts
 +  * Perform event host duties for events run by "The Artifactory"​ or delegate to another member
 +  * Contact rehearsal room coordinator if an event will conflict with general space noise restrictions
  
 ==== IT Officer ==== ==== IT Officer ====
Line 112: Line 121:
   * Act with the best interest/​level of service of the Artifactory Members in mind   * Act with the best interest/​level of service of the Artifactory Members in mind
  
-==== Events ​Officer(s) ====+==== Membership ​Officer(s) ====
 Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27 Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27
  
-  * Post events to social media/​calendars in coordination with event hosts +  * Point of contact for new members and monitor info@artifactory.org.au 
-  * Coordinating with external groups that wish to run events at the space +  * Able to add RFID access 
-  * Coordinate with existing non-member event hosts +  * Maintain checklists for space/​workshop inductions 
-  * Perform event host duties ​for events run by "The Artifactory"​ or delegate to another member +  * Responsible ​for coordinating open days
-  * Contact rehearsal room coordinator if an event will conflict with general space noise restrictions+
  
-==== Rehearsal Room Coordinator(s) ​==== +==== Member Storage Officer ​==== 
-Defined at committee meeting ​2018-10-27+Defined at committee meeting ​2019-05-25
  
-  ​* Advocate ​for band members +  ​- The Member Storage Officer is responsible ​for: 
-  * Monitor rehers...@artifactory.org.au +    - Creating a register in the wiki of all Member Storage areas within the Artifactory and keeping it current as defined by the Main Committee. 
-  ​* Coordinate rehearsal room casual usage+    - Ensuring all Member storage are identified and labelled. 
 +    - Creating a register in the wiki of the allocation of storage space to members and keeping it current  
 +    - Maintaining & keeping a wait list in the wiki for those wanting storage for Member Storage Areas. 
 +    - Assist the Committee in allocating storage space to members 
 +    - Ensuring storage spaces are cleared prior to making them available for reallocation
 +    - Conducting audits of the Member material racks & Member Storage to ensure stored material is as per the bylaws. ​ Removes and disposes of material as defined in the bylaws via the Hackme Bench where appropriate. 
 +    - The Member Storage officer will initiate the process of deallocation of storage space after an audit, checking of membership status of the owner and time since membership ceased 
 +  - The Member Storage Officer is NOT responsible for allocating storage outside the specific "​Member Storage"​ by-law
  
 ==== Quartermaster(s) ==== ==== Quartermaster(s) ====
Line 134: Line 149:
   * Field stocking requests from members   * Field stocking requests from members
  
-==== Safety Auditor(s) ====+==== Rehearsal Room Coordinator(s) ====
 Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27 Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27
  
-  * Act as liaison between ​members ​and the Management Committee with regards to safety +  * Advocate for band members 
-  * Coordinate safety meetings to discuss relevant issues with members as appropriate +  * Monitors "​rehearsal AT artifactory.org.au"​ 
-  * Coordinate ​first aid kit audits +  * Coordinate ​rehearsal room casual usage
-  * Coordinate extinguisher checks +
-  * Field safety related reports from members and direct as appropriate+
  
-==== Membership Officer(s) ==== 
-Defined at committee meeting 2018-10-27 
- 
-  * Point of contact for new members and monitor info@artifactory.org.au 
-  * Able to add RFID access 
-  * Maintain checklists for space/​workshop inductions 
-  * Responsible for coordinating open days 
 ===== By-Laws ====== ===== By-Laws ======
  
Line 179: Line 185:
  
 ---- ----
 +
 +==== Ceasing Membership + The Members Projects ====
 +
 +Created at committee meeting 2019-04-27.
 +
 +Effective from 2019-04-27.
 +
 +Once a person ceases to be a member, any projects left at the Artifactory will be free for anyone to use or for the Artifactory to dispose of once the owner(s) of the project has had a month notice.
 +
 +----
 +
  
 ==== Duties Delegated by the Secretary ==== ==== Duties Delegated by the Secretary ====
Line 200: Line 217:
     - must be added to the google calendar     - must be added to the google calendar
   * The Chair and any three other committee members reserve the right to waive the above rules if it is considered beneficial to the Artifactory to do so. The decision must be documented at the next regular committee meeting   * The Chair and any three other committee members reserve the right to waive the above rules if it is considered beneficial to the Artifactory to do so. The decision must be documented at the next regular committee meeting
 +
 +----
 +
 +====Material Racks==== ​
 +
 +Update at committee meeting 2019-05-25.
 +
 +Effective from 2019-07-01.
 +
 +  - Only members are entitled to store materials on these material racks.
 +  - Materials are required to be dated with the full name of the owner and date stored ​
 +  - Materials are permitted to stay on the rack for a maximum of three months from the date marked. The owner may update the date if material is partially used.
 +  - Materials that over-stay their time, belong to an ex-member after notice period has lasped or are outsize the size limits are subject to being discarded or placed on the hack rack by a Committee member.
 +  - Limit per member of Members are limited to 10 pieces or 100mm thick of material whichever is greater. point broken here into new point
 +  - Sheets may not exceed 900mm x 1200mm.
 +  - With skeletons removed, individual pieces must be larger than roughly A3 in size).
 +  - Member Storage Officer & Committee will conduct audits of the materials racks as required.
 +
 +
 +----
 +==== Member Storage ====
 +
 +Member Storage Areas
 +Updated at committee meeting 2019-05-25.
 +
 +Effective from 2019-07-01.
 +
 +  - Members are entitled (subject to availability) to a single committee authorised storage space (up to 150L) left in a tidy and safe state.
 +  - Authorised spaces are
 +    - Lockers-Kitchenette,​
 +    - Lockers-Under Pallet Racking,
 +    - Lockers-Metal
 +    - Including oversized Lockers -currently located in CAD Room
 +      - Not to be reallocated - Being deprecated
 +    - The bottom two shelves of the pallet racking left of the stage (4 shelves in total) divided into 6 spots per shelf. Excluding 2 spots lost to power cords and boards.
 +  - When a member loses their right to storage (whether through resignation,​ termination or another association’s process) their belongings will be stored for a period of one month starting from when the notification by the Management Committee or Member Storage Officer provides them with a copy of this by-law. Once this notice period has expired the belongings will be claimed by the association and may be used or disposed of as the Management Committee sees fit.
 +  - Each storage space will be marked with a unique identifier. Members may add their own tags but not remove the identifier.
 +  - Requests for storage space, or to relinquish storage space should be made to the Member Storage Officer or a Committee Member.
 +  - Any material found in an unallocated space will be removed to the office for no less than seven days. If it is unclaimed, it will be disposed of as a committee member sees fit. .
 +  - Members with storage space may apply for a change in storage location. If space becomes available and the member agrees, they will have 7 days to move from the existing storage location to a new location.
 +  - Where demand for member storage or a particular type of storage exceeds supply, a waiting list may be maintained. If a waiting list is in operation, members will be offered space as it becomes available in waiting list order. Members who are not contactable or fail to take their space within a reasonable period will be skipped and advised. ​
 +  - The Chair and any 3 committee members may override these rules at their discretion. Any override must be minuted at the next committee meeting and may then be overruled.
 +
 +----
 +
 +====Member Storage - Additional====
 +
 +Updated at committee meeting 2019-05-25.
 +
 +Effective from 2019-07-01.
 +
 +Members are entitled to request for additional storage on the pallet racking. Additional storage will be charged at a rate of $60 per half a pallet rack per month and will be restricted to the upper racks that are not within reach. Any four Committee members may determine what part of the pallet racking will be available for such storage and will advise the Treasurer to invoice as such from the start of the Members next membership period. The Artifactory Committee reserves the right to revoke that additional storage with a months notice if it is deemed needed for the Artifactory. ​
  
 ---- ----
Line 243: Line 312:
 ==== Rehearsal Room - Casual Usage ==== ==== Rehearsal Room - Casual Usage ====
  
-Defined ​at committee meeting ​01/09/2018+//Last modified ​at committee meeting ​2019-06-22// 
 + 
 +The rehearsal room can be used on a casual basis:
  
-  * The rehearsal room can be used on a casual basis -  +  * Groups ​come through on a per session trial basis under supervision of Rehearsal Room Coordinator ​or Management Committee member 
-  * Bands come through on a per session trial basis under supervision of Rehearsal Room Coordinator +  * 3 hour cut off limit unless otherwise arranged 
-  * $40 per session +  * Regular price: ​$40/session 
-  * 3 hour cut off limit+  * Where **at least** 50% of the group hold ordinary (full/​concession) Artifactory memberships:​ $20/session
  
 ---- ----
Line 339: Line 410:
  
 3D Printer: 3D Printer:
-  * Member Rate: $0.20 per gram +  * Member Rate: $0.05 per gram rounded up the nearest dollar 
-  * Casual User Rate: $0.20 per gram+  * Casual User Rate: $0.20 per gram rounded up the nearest dollar
  
 CNC Machines: CNC Machines:
Line 346: Line 417:
   * Member Rate: $0.05 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar if using your own tooling   * Member Rate: $0.05 per minute rounded up to the nearest dollar if using your own tooling
   * Casual User Rate: $5 per 10 minutes rounded up to the nearest $5   * Casual User Rate: $5 per 10 minutes rounded up to the nearest $5
 +
 +----
 +
 +===== Policies and Guidelines =====
 +
 +==== Social Media Guidelines ====
 +
 +//Adopted at committee meeting: 2019-06-22//​
 +
 +The Perth Artifactory uses social media to:
 +  * Raise awareness of the Artifactory brand, offerings and events, ​
 +  * Inspire creativity, stimulate curiosity, empower others to make stuff, ​
 +  * Promote an inclusive makerspace environment and encourage people to join the community. ​
 +
 +Our online presence can be used to help spread awareness and extend our reach. Posts to social media should support the objectives of the organisation with consideration to how these messages will be received by the community and its impact on the Artifactory sustainable social licence to operate. ​
 +
 +The Perth Artifactory and social media accounts are run by volunteers who give their time to support the space. Social media guidelines are not intended to make posting more difficult, but as a layer of protection to identify any risks and resolve them before posting, and to know when to seek approval from the Committee. ​
 +The list below, while not comprehensive,​ is intended as a checklist to consider the potential impacts before posting to social media. If a post raises any concerns from the list, the poster should contact a committee member, to review the content and get approval before posting. ​
 +
 +**Safety**: Could anyone hurt themselves doing this? Is there a disclaimer to warn of risks? (i.e. Do not try this at home). Is everyone following correct safety procedures? (e.g. using appropriate PPE, observing fire hazards etc.).
 +
 +**Intellectual Property**: Who has rights over this? Who owns or contributed?​ Is it a fair representation of work, credit given to creator(s). Has an applicable copyright been invoked? Is any artwork being modified or destroyed? Has the creator consented to modifications?​
 +
 +**Individuals and Groups**: Does the post refer to anyone (by name or implied), or a group, demographic or identity? Has the individual or group given consent, or would they feel comfortable being associated with the Artifactory?​
 +
 +**Photography and Video**: Permission of subjects to release, including parent or legal guardian for minors.
 +
 +**General**:​ Would you be happy if this post went viral (received a lot of attention)? Does this represent the objectives of the Artifactory?​ If you were contacted to investigate the post, would you be happy to answer questions about it?
 +
  
  
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/attic/committee/committeerulings.1551332571.txt.gz · Last modified: 20190228-1342 by fletcher