committee:committee_meeting_2019.12.07

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2019.12.07 [2019/12/02 09:39]
fletcher [Members Present]
committee:committee_meeting_2019.12.07 [2020/03/12 12:49] (current)
Line 5: Line 5:
 ====== Minutes ====== ====== Minutes ======
 ==== Members Present ==== ==== Members Present ====
-  * Present: NAMES+  * Present: Hugh, Vincent, Fletcher, Lauren, Jean, Stuart, Iain
   * Apologies: Melanie   * Apologies: Melanie
-  * Absent: NAMES+  * Absent: Steve
   * Observing: NAMES   * Observing: NAMES
-  * Minute taker: NAME +  * Minute taker: Jean-Michel 
-  * Chair: NAME+  * Chair: Iain
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: OPEN +  * Opened: 3:08pm 
-  * Closed: CLOSE+  * Closed: 3:43pm
   * Next meeting: See end of minutes   * Next meeting: See end of minutes
  
Line 20: Line 20:
   * DISCUSSION   * DISCUSSION
  
-^ Moved By | MOVER +^ Moved By | Vincent 
-^ Seconded By | SECONDER |  +^ Seconded By | Iain |  
-^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |+^ Status | Accepted |
  
 ==== Review Previous Meeting's Action Items ==== ==== Review Previous Meeting's Action Items ====
Line 31: Line 31:
     *Email SCW/CHCW re: Artifactory involvement and external parties representing space. (Fletcher)     *Email SCW/CHCW re: Artifactory involvement and external parties representing space. (Fletcher)
     *Update Meeting template - Event Reporting - Sunday Crafternoon  (Fletcher) DONE     *Update Meeting template - Event Reporting - Sunday Crafternoon  (Fletcher) DONE
-    *Purchase a Vectric Makerspace subscription - (Vincent has emailed) waiting on response +    *Purchase a Vectric Makerspace subscription - (Vincent has emailed) waiting on response - no reply 
-    *DoorBot status report follow up with Lemming - (Vincent)+    *DoorBot status report follow up with Lemming - (Vincent)-discussion ongoing. 
     *Zlab left in messy state. Remind members to cleanup after themselves. (Steve)     *Zlab left in messy state. Remind members to cleanup after themselves. (Steve)
     *Official warning to be given privately regarding conduct during event.(Steve to followup) DONE     *Official warning to be given privately regarding conduct during event.(Steve to followup) DONE
Line 54: Line 54:
  
 ===== Incident Reports ===== ===== Incident Reports =====
-  * INCIDENTS - note any that are reported and discuss if needed+  * Angle grinder potential incident, added an item to other business
  
 ===== Property Report ===== ===== Property Report =====
-  * PROPERTY+  * Door got hit yesterday, seems to have survived. Beau looking into it.
  
 ===== Chairperson's Report ===== ===== Chairperson's Report =====
   * CHAIRPERSON   * CHAIRPERSON
 +     *Business as usual
  
 ===== Treasurer's Report ===== ===== Treasurer's Report =====
  
-The Treasurer's Disclaimer: The numbers below have been calculated in a quick way and have not undergone robust checking as for an Annual Report. We're also trialing an automated version of this report [[https://space.artifactory.org.au/media/finance.html|here]]. +The Treasurer's Disclaimer: The numbers below have been calculated in a quick way and have not undergone robust checking as for an Annual Report. We're also trialing an automated version of this report [[https://finance.artifactory.org.au|here]]. 
  
 +^ | 30/11/2019 | 31/10/2019 | |
 +^ Bank Accounts (excluding Auspicing) | $12,618.87 | $12,943.70 |
 +^ Pending from TidyHQ/EFTPOS/Cash + Float | $944.32 | $558.17 |
 +^ **BALANCE** | **$13,563.19** | **$13,501.87** | Ideally should be larger than bond value |
 +^ Guthrie St Bond | $6000 | $6000 |
 +^ |  |  |
 +^ **Quarantined Funds** |30/11/2019 | 31/10/2019 |
 +^ Estimated Key Bond | **$11,060.00** | **$10,775.00** |
 +^ For Insurance 19/20 | $1,856.00 | $1,624.00 | +232 for each month due annually 31/3. ($2781.25 in 2019) |
 +^ For TidyHQ 19/20 | $49.00 | $0.00 | +49 for each month due annually Oct. ($588.75 in 2019) |
 +^ For Extra Outgoings 19/20 | $400.00 | $300.00 | +100 for each month due annually Aug. ($442.66 in 2019) |
 +^ **DESIRED BALANCE** | **$13,365.00** | **$12,699.00** |
 +^ **Funds Available (+Yes -NO) BALANCE-DESIRED BALANCE** | **$198.19** | **$802.87** |
 +
 +^ REVENUE (Excludes Bond + Money Collected on behalf of others)| Nov-19 | monthly average |
 +^ Membership Income| $3,740 | $3,709 |
 +^ Space Cash (drinks/events/tool fees/casual)| $946 | $2,368 |
 +^ Fundraising/Grants | $1,000 | $718 |
 +^ Donations|  | $27 |
 +^ Donations - For Membership| $90 | $83 |
 +^ **TOTAL INCOME** | **$5,776** | **$6,905** |
 +^ |  |  |
 +^ EXPENSES| $43,788 | monthly average |
 +^ Lease/Utilities/BOC/Bank Fees/Insurance| $5,150 | $5,222 | Lease+Insurance paid inadvance, Others in arrears|
 +^ Kitchenette/FundraisingFridge/Toiletries/Sale Program| $618 | $588 |
 +^ Total Regular Expenses| **$5,768** | **$5,810** |
 +^ Fundraising Expenses| $117 | $250 |
 +^ Equipment/Infrastructure Expenses| $365 | $502 |
 +^ **Total Expense** | **$6,249** |  |
 ===== Expenses for Approval ===== ===== Expenses for Approval =====
-  * $275 - New (to us) drill press. https://www.carbatec.com.au/pedestal-drill-press-12-speed-old-code-dp-4119f+  * $160 - New (to us) drill press. https://www.carbatec.com.au/pedestal-drill-press-12-speed-old-code-dp-4119f 
 +  * $155 - Lisa's Madman payout, cut agreed by Fletcher, Scott, Iain. 
 +  * $300 - CAD room revamp supplies (steel tubing and paint). We'll attempt to get lower but this is an approximation. Supported by the Alby Made grant.
  
 ^ Moved By | Fletcher | ^ Moved By | Fletcher |
-^ Seconded By | SECONDER +^ Seconded By | Jean-Michel 
-^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |+^ Status | Accepted |
  
 ===== Membership Report ===== ===== Membership Report =====
Line 77: Line 109:
 Membership as at 2019-xx-xx: Membership as at 2019-xx-xx:
  
-  * X (+5 / -X) Full Members (Monthly+Annual); +-increase in members
-  * X (+1 / -1) Concession Memberships (Monthly+Annual); +
-  * X (+X / -X) Band Memberships +
-  * X (+X / -X) Associate Memberships+
    
-==== Cancelled Non-Payment ==== 
-Memberships to be cancelled for Non-Payment (+90 days due): 
-  * MEMBER_NAME 
- 
  
 ==== New memberships for approval ==== ==== New memberships for approval ====
-  * CONCESSION - Patrick Kent+  * CONCESSION - Patrick Kent.
   * FULL - Ryan Coleman, Roland Adeney, Barry Marshall, Oscar White, Adam Mellor   * FULL - Ryan Coleman, Roland Adeney, Barry Marshall, Oscar White, Adam Mellor
 +  * Associate - Daniel Ohm, Jonah Meggs
  
-^ Moved By | MOVER +==== New membership not approved ==== 
-^ Seconded By | SECONDER |  +  * CONSESSION - Addam Eid 
-^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |+ 
 +^ Moved By | Fletcher 
 +^ Seconded By | Vincent |  
 +^ Status | Accepted |
  
 ===== Officer Reports ===== ===== Officer Reports =====
Line 103: Line 132:
     * REPORT     * REPORT
   * Rehearsal Room Coordinators   * Rehearsal Room Coordinators
-    * REPORT+    * Aircon remote not working
   * Quartermasters   * Quartermasters
     * REPORT     * REPORT
Line 116: Line 145:
  
   * Laser Subcommittee   * Laser Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * discussion around laser tube purchase
   * IT Subcommittee   * IT Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * Progress on wiki stuff
   * Promotions Subcommittee   * Promotions Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * Fringe coming up. Collab with Perth Machine learning group. 
 +       *Potential promotional to tie in
   * Sponsored Memberships Panel   * Sponsored Memberships Panel
-    * REPORT+    * +2 memberships
   * Infrastructure Subcommittee   * Infrastructure Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * We had a meeting. Did a bunch of stuff. coming up with a wish list.
  
 ===== Event/Workshop Coordinator Reports ===== ===== Event/Workshop Coordinator Reports =====
Line 133: Line 163:
 Tech Tech
  
-  * ADUG - (Coordinators: Richard Harrington, Scott Hollows**#**) - +  * ADUG - (Coordinators: Richard Harrington, Scott Hollows**#**) - Haven't paid for a while. Haven't replied to email. 
-  * Arduino U - (Coordinators: Hugh, Doug) - +  * Arduino U - (Coordinators: Hugh, Doug) - Fine 
-  * Open Source Hackers (Coordinators: Stephen Price**#**) -+  * Open Source Hackers (Coordinators: Stephen Price**#**) - 2 people, event runner was late.
  
 Games Games
  
-  * ARTIfrag (Coordinator: Iain) - +  * ARTIfrag (Coordinator: Iain) - On now 
-  * Chess Knight (Coordinator: Stuart) - +  * Chess Knight (Coordinator: Stuart) - Chess was played
  
 Cosplay and Craft Cosplay and Craft
  
-  * Crafternoon (Coordinator: Lauren) - +  * Crafternoon (Coordinator: Lauren) - Lots of people, chilled vibe. 
-  * Cosplay (Coordinator: Scott) - +  * Cosplay (Coordinator: Scott) - BAU 
-  * Leathercraft Workshops (Coordinator: Andrew L aka Western Leathercraft) - +  * Leathercraft Workshops (Coordinator: Andrew L aka Western Leathercraft) - BAU 
-  * PikPI Cosplay Workshops (Coordinators: Hayleye**#**) -+  * PikPI Cosplay Workshops (Coordinators: Hayleye**#**) - NA
  
 Music Music
  
-  * DIY Synth (Coordinator: Nathan Thompson, Andrew nonlinearcircuits**#**) - +  * DIY Synth (Coordinator: Nathan Thompson, Andrew nonlinearcircuits**#**) - NA 
-  * Mostly Modular Synth (Coordinators: Hugh, Jon) - +  * Mostly Modular Synth (Coordinators: Hugh, Jon) - Didn't add to calendar. Band on the same time, conflicted. 
-  * Noizemaschin!! (Coordinators: Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel, Skot, Justin B**#**)  - +  * Noizemaschin!! (Coordinators: Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel, Skot) -Attendance: 30ish 
 +      *Lots of self-made instruments 
 +      *New resident artist Danny. 
 +      *Ongoing sound problems (50hz hum and lots of noise) 
 +   *Future plans:  Finish building lighting rig. 
 +      *Storage racks for PA equipment. 
 +      *Audio setup and troubleshooting session 
 +      *Make recording simpler (4 channels)
 General General
  
   * General Hacking Day (Coordinator: Committee) -   * General Hacking Day (Coordinator: Committee) -
-  * Open Day (Coordinator: Steve Hodges) -+  * Open Day (Coordinator: Steve Hodges) - Busy and had people
   * Wine & Design (Coordinator: Committee) -   * Wine & Design (Coordinator: Committee) -
-  * Workshop Wednesday (Coordinator: Fletcher) -+  * Workshop Wednesday (Coordinator: Fletcher) - visitors
  
 +Idea to integrate calendars,
 Other (new and once off events) Other (new and once off events)
   * OTHER Events   * OTHER Events
 +     *Fringe make event. Collab with Machine learning group approved.
  
  
 ===== Other Business ===== ===== Other Business =====
  
-====Administering of Arts Grants “The Reinvention Room” is finished====+==== Administering of Arts Grants “The Reinvention Room” is finished ====
 This is a report to the Committee and no action is required. This is a report to the Committee and no action is required.
   * Background Artifactory acted as Auspicor.(Administrator of the Grant on behalf of Propel Youth Arts)  Members Stuart and Jean-Michel managed it.   * Background Artifactory acted as Auspicor.(Administrator of the Grant on behalf of Propel Youth Arts)  Members Stuart and Jean-Michel managed it.
Line 183: Line 221:
   * Don't get involved in grants where the Artifactory would have to pay wages. (Not that that was a thing with this)    * Don't get involved in grants where the Artifactory would have to pay wages. (Not that that was a thing with this) 
   * A separate bank account was opened to administer that Grant. Definitely do that again in the future.   * A separate bank account was opened to administer that Grant. Definitely do that again in the future.
 +
 +==== Tool specific inductions ====
 +
 +As the space evolves we've got more and more tools that have a serious risk of injury if used improperly. The Infrastructure subcommittee will usually have a high % of tool skilled members and can adequately identify the more dangerous tools.
 +
 +By-law addition: Tool inductions
 +
 +The Infrastructure Subcommittee may gate dangerous tools behind a tool specific induction at their discretion and appoint trainers.
 +
 +A list of gated tools and appointed trainers must be made available on the wiki and on or near the tools themselves.
 +
 +^ Moved By | Fletcher |
 +^ Seconded By | Vincent | 
 +^ Status | Accepted |
 +
 +==== Laser ====
 +
 +The laser subcommittee still hasn't bought a tube, should we adjust or rescind our spending motions and/or provide more direction for the subcommittee?
 +
 +Committee discussion regarding laser tube decisions. Decision made at previous meeting still stands.
 +
 +
 +
 +----
  
 Other business (items not covered by regular meeting sections) may be added to this section up to 48 hours before start of committee meeting. Other business (items not covered by regular meeting sections) may be added to this section up to 48 hours before start of committee meeting.
Line 192: Line 254:
 ===== End of Meeting ===== ===== End of Meeting =====
  
-Remember to set **next meeting time** before closing meeting!+Remember to set **NEXT_MEETING** before closing meeting!
  
-  * Next meeting: NEXT_MEETINGweeks+  * Next meeting: 3pm 11th January 2020weeks
  
 ===== Action Summary ===== ===== Action Summary =====
  
   * LIST ACTIONS AND ACTIONEES   * LIST ACTIONS AND ACTIONEES
 +     *Purchase a replacement Hard disk drive for server - IT - (Scott)
 +     *Purchase a Vectric Makerspace subscription - (Vincent has emailed) waiting on response - no reply
 +     *DoorBot status report follow up with Lemming - (Vincent)-discussion ongoing.
 +     *Selling/disposal of printers - (Scott)
 +     *Email SCW/CHCW re: Artifactory involvement and external parties representing space. (Fletcher)
 +     *Purchase a replacement Hard disk drive for server - IT - (Scott)
 +     *Zlab left in messy state. Remind members to cleanup after themselves. (Steve)
 +     *By-law addition: Tool inductions (JM) 
  • committee/committee_meeting_2019.12.07.1575250789.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)