User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2019.02.23

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2019.02.23 [20190210-1646]
stuartm [Treasurer's Report]
committee:committee_meeting_2019.02.23 [20190217-1056] (current)
stuartm [Agenda]
Line 14: Line 14:
   - Subcommittee Reports   - Subcommittee Reports
   - Other Business (add one-off agenda items here)   - Other Business (add one-off agenda items here)
-    - ITEMS+    - Bylaw - Subcommittee Rules 
 +    - Bylaw - Modification - Resident Artist 
 +    - Welding Gas - By-Law Modification : Tool Usage Fees
     - //Can add items up to 48 hours before committee meeting//     - //Can add items up to 48 hours before committee meeting//
  
Line 44: Line 46:
   * Fletcher - Artifactory induction checklist - **to be emailed through to committee list for review Draft sending through**   * Fletcher - Artifactory induction checklist - **to be emailed through to committee list for review Draft sending through**
   * Fletcher/​Stuart - policy changes from 24/11 - wiki amended? **Work in Progress**   * Fletcher/​Stuart - policy changes from 24/11 - wiki amended? **Work in Progress**
-  * Fletcher/​Stuart - By-Law/​Membership/​Subcommitte policy-establishment changes from 30/01 in wiki+  * Fletcher/​Stuart - By-Law/​Membership/​Subcommitte policy-establishment changes from 30/01 in wiki **Done**
   * WHO.... - Refresh first aid kit, contact St John for sponsorship/​assistance (first aid kit stock discount and first aid certification discount), check insurance details with Stuart as related to first aid kits  ** deferred **   * WHO.... - Refresh first aid kit, contact St John for sponsorship/​assistance (first aid kit stock discount and first aid certification discount), check insurance details with Stuart as related to first aid kits  ** deferred **
   * Lemming - Updated Materials and artefacts policy - from 24/11 - wiki amended?   * Lemming - Updated Materials and artefacts policy - from 24/11 - wiki amended?
-  * Bike +  * Bike **Done** 
-  * Committee - Add Lauren / Remove Felicity for committee access. TidyHQ/​Google Drive/​Google Groups/Committee/​Google Suite +  * Committee - Add Lauren / Remove Felicity for committee access. TidyHQ**Done**/Google Drive/​Google Groups Committee/​Google Suite 
-  * Stuart - acquisition of 20 storage tubs+  * Stuart - acquisition of 20 storage tubs **Done**
   * Lemming - to investigate off the shelf ones that work with same RFID tags   * Lemming - to investigate off the shelf ones that work with same RFID tags
 +  * Iain+Scott? - LotteryWest grant information sessions - Evening of 21st Feb.
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
   * CORRESPONDENCE   * CORRESPONDENCE
Line 77: Line 80:
 ^ **DESIRED BALANCE** | **$12362.5** | **$12219** | ^ **DESIRED BALANCE** | **$12362.5** | **$12219** |
 ^ **Funds Available (less budgeted last meeting)** | **$2468.47** | **$0** | ^ **Funds Available (less budgeted last meeting)** | **$2468.47** | **$0** |
 +
 +=== How much money should be available for spending ===
 +If you look at **Quarantined Funds** above that is my current justification on what is available for spending. ​ Is the Committee happy with that?
  
 ^ REVENUE (Excludes Bond)| Jan-19 | monthly average | ^ REVENUE (Excludes Bond)| Jan-19 | monthly average |
Line 93: Line 99:
 ^ Equipment/​Infrastructure Expenses| $2,176.20 |  | ^ Equipment/​Infrastructure Expenses| $2,176.20 |  |
 ^ **Total Expense** | **$7,028** |  | ^ **Total Expense** | **$7,028** |  |
 +
 +=== PAYID ===
 +I've given up trying to do it. NAB Phone people states that only the person who started the first account can.  Not the current signatories. Complained to NAB complaints - that this was ridiculous. ​ Further conversations said the branch should be able to sort it. The branch is like what!!.... we will investigate and get back to you...... Not!  ​
 +
 +=== Endorsed by the ATO for Income Tax Exemption ===
 +We received endorsement for Income Tax Exemption - Letter held on the Committee GDRIVE Artifactory/​Certificates. ​ Benefit - We can receive a lower electricity supply charge ~60c day and up to a couple cents off per unit cost.  On our last bimonthly bill estimated savings would be $70.  ​
 +Application submitted to Synergy for the Community Service Tariff to get the above.
 +
 +=== TidyHQ Membership renewal error ===
 +ie memberships when renewed were not having a month added to their current end date.  Now fixed by the look.
 ===== Expenses for Approval ===== ===== Expenses for Approval =====
-  ​EXPENSES+ 
 +  ​5xScissors and new air blow gun 10cm = $13.89
  
 ^ Moved By | MOVER | ^ Moved By | MOVER |
Line 145: Line 162:
  
 ===== Sub-Committee Reports ===== ===== Sub-Committee Reports =====
-  * Laser Subcommittee+====Laser Subcommittee====
     * REPORT     * REPORT
-    * Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions +Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions 
-  ​* ​IT Subcommittee+====IT Subcommittee====
 (STUART - Do we actually have an IT subcommittee?​ - It is proposed in the [[subcommittee:​start | wiki]]) (STUART - Do we actually have an IT subcommittee?​ - It is proposed in the [[subcommittee:​start | wiki]])
     * REPORT     * REPORT
-    * Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions +Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions 
-  ​* ​Promotions Subcommittee+====Promotions Subcommittee====
     * REPORT     * REPORT
-    * Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions +Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions 
-  ​* ​Sponsored Memberships Panel+====Sponsored Memberships Panel==== 
 +    * 5 of 6 students accepted the offer from last month. More applications have been received but we not looking at taking more on until end of April at the earliest. 
 +    * Processes are now in place for doing this membership. 
 +    * If we can get more funding then we can ramp up the program. 
 +Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions 
 +====Infrastructure Subcommittee====
     * REPORT     * REPORT
-    * Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions +Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions
-  * Infrastructure Subcommittee +
-    * REPORT +
-    * Committee Discussion/​Requests for actions+
  
 ===== Event/​Workshop Coordinator Reports ===== ===== Event/​Workshop Coordinator Reports =====
Line 205: Line 224:
 Note: "Other Business"​ must be listed in agenda (top of this page) 48 hours prior to meeting. Any details of an agenda item can be added here at any time. Note: "Other Business"​ must be listed in agenda (top of this page) 48 hours prior to meeting. Any details of an agenda item can be added here at any time.
  
-OTHER BUSINESS DISCUSSION 
  
 +==== By-Law : Subcommittee Rules **WORK IN PROGRESS** ====
 +STUART - we created the following subcommittee rules back in Sept/Oct 2016.  They need to be reviewed, simplified and amended to be consistent with the new constitution [[https://​wiki.artifactory.org.au/​doku.php?​id=constitution#​division_5_subcommittees_and_subsidiary_offices|rules 49 and 50]].
 +
 +CURRENT RULES
 +
 +  - The subcommittee system is designed to
 +    - Relieve load from the main committee,
 +    - Allow the main committee to benefit from the expertise of other members,
 +    - Allow non-committee members to participate in the management of the space,
 +    - Be open to scrutiny and observation by interested members (as is the main committee), and
 +    - Be run in a friendly and collegial manner.
 +  - Each subcommittee is subservient to the main committee and exists by fiat of the main committee.
 +  - Committees can operate as they see fit within the guidelines, however operation must be either
 +    - Democratic (a majority vote of a quorum of subcommittee members)
 +    - By consensus (all subcommittee members are aware of, it has strong support from, and none are strongly against the proposal)
 +  - A subcommittee has responsibility delegated to it by the main committee within defined terms of reference. ​ The terms of reference are determined by the main committee.
 +  - Any change of membership/​Other changes require assent of the main committee ​ (minuted at committee meeting) ​ The subcommittee may invite others to observe and comment but note vote until change of membership is approved.
 +  - The subcommittee is inactivated with all responsibilities referred back to the main committee if:
 +    - The subcommittee membership falls below 2 members,
 +    - There is no main committee member on the sub-committee,​
 +    - The main committee disbands the sub-committee.
 +    - The subcommittee reports to the main committee that they have resolved to disband.
 +    - The subcommittee acts outside their terms of reference.
 +    - An annual or special general meeting is held (a motion may be passed to retain/​reactivate all existing subcommittees subject to membership including a committee member).
 +  - A quorum of a subcommittee is at least half.
 +  - Each subcommittee has the following detailed on the wiki:
 +    - Current Name
 +    - Current Terms of reference
 +    - Current Email list
 +    - Current Members
 +    - Minuted changes to the above made by the main committee or a quorum of the main committee.
 +  - Within their area of responsibility,​ and if it is within their terms of reference, the sub-committee will be the appropriate place for normal members to:
 +    - Obtain permission/​training to access/​operate,​
 +    - Request maintenance or obtain permission to maintain,
 +    - Request a modification or obtain permission to modify, and
 +    - Request updates on the current operational status.
 +  - Any action taken by the subcommittee should be communicated to all members of the subcommittee (preferably by a message on the appropriate list or notes on the wiki)
 +    - Sub-committees are encouraged to nominate a secretary to be responsible for minuting and reporting.  ​
 +    - Sub-committees should generally operate on a "​plan"​ then "​do"​ model which enables all members of the subcommittee to be aware of the plans before they are put into effect.
 +    - Membership of a sub-committee does not give individuals the freedom to act unilaterally. ​ A sub-committee has been formed by the main committee to allow a team to work on a task.
 +  - The subcommittee should be ready and willing to report the current status of any action they are undertaking to:
 +    - Their own members (on request)
 +    - A main committee member (on request)
 +    - The main committee (at each committee meeting)
 +
 +More detailed information may require reference to particular subcommittee members, but in general this information should be available on that sub-committee'​s wiki page.
 +
 +----
 +
 +
 +
 +[[https://​wiki.artifactory.org.au/​doku.php?​id=constitution#​division_5_subcommittees_and_subsidiary_offices|Subcommittees operate under the rules 49 and 50]]
 +  - The subcommittee system is designed to
 +    - Relieve load from the main committee,
 +    - Allow the main committee to benefit from the expertise of other members,
 +    - Allow non-committee members to participate in the management of the space,
 +    - Be open to scrutiny and observation by interested members (as is the main committee), and
 +    - Be run in a friendly and collegial manner.
 +  - Each subcommittee is subservient to the main committee and exists by fiat of the main committee.
 +  - 50.4    The delegation may be made subject to any conditions, qualifications,​ limitations or exceptions that the committee specifies in the document by which the delegation is made
 +  - Decisions made by the subcommittee ​
 +    - A determination made by the subcommittee is to be made by a simple majority of subcommittee members.
 +
 +
 +
 +
 +**new parts are in bold**
 +  - The subcommittee system is designed to
 +    - Relieve load from the main committee,
 +    - Allow the main committee to benefit from the expertise of other members,
 +    - Allow non-committee members to participate in the management of the space,
 +    - Be open to scrutiny and observation by interested members (as is the main committee), and
 +    - Be run in a friendly and collegial manner.
 +  - Each subcommittee is subservient to the main committee and exists by fiat of the main committee.
 +  - <​del>​Committees can operate as they see fit within the guidelines, however operation must be either</​del>​**Decisions made by the subcommittee - A determination made by the subcommittee is to be made by a simple majority of subcommittee members.**
 +    - <​del>​Democratic (a majority vote of a quorum of subcommittee members)</​del>​
 +    - <​del>​By consensus (all subcommittee members are aware of, it has strong support from, and none are strongly against the proposal)</​del>​
 +  - A subcommittee has responsibility delegated to it by the main committee within defined terms of reference. ​ The terms of reference are determined by the main committee.
 +  - <​del>​Any change of membership/​Other changes require assent of the main committee ​ (minuted at committee meeting) ​ The subcommittee may invite others to observe and comment but note vote until change of membership is approved.</​del> ​ **Any change of membership/​Other changes require assent of the main committee and must be   ​minuted. ​ The subcommittee may invite others to observe**
 +  - The subcommittee is inactivated with all responsibilities referred back to the main committee if:
 +    - The subcommittee membership falls below 2 members,
 +    - There is no main committee member on the sub-committee,​
 +    - The main committee disbands the sub-committee.
 +    - The subcommittee reports to the main committee that they have resolved to disband.
 +    - The subcommittee acts outside their terms of reference.
 +    - <​del>​An annual or special general meeting is held (a motion may be passed to retain/​reactivate all existing subcommittees subject to membership including a committee member).</​del> ​ At first the first Committee Meeting after the AGM or SGM a motion must be passed to retain each subcommittees subject to membership including a committee member. ​ **At first the first Committee Meeting after the AGM or SGM a motion must be passed to retain each subcommittees subject to membership including a committee member**
 +  - A quorum of a subcommittee is at least half.
 +  - Each subcommittee has the following detailed on the wiki:
 +    - Current Name
 +    - Current Terms of reference
 +    -<​del>​Current Email list</​del>​
 +    - Current Members
 +    - Minuted changes to the above made by the main committee or a quorum of the main committee.
 +  - Within their area of responsibility,​ and if it is within their terms of reference, the sub-committee will be the appropriate place for normal members to:
 +    - Obtain permission/​training to access/​operate,​
 +    - Request maintenance or obtain permission to maintain,
 +    - Request a modification or obtain permission to modify, and
 +    - Request updates on the current operational status.
 +  - Any action taken by the subcommittee should be communicated to all members of the subcommittee (preferably by a message on the appropriate list or notes on the wiki)
 +    - Sub-committees are encouraged to nominate a secretary to be responsible for minuting and reporting.  ​
 +    - Sub-committees should generally operate on a "​plan"​ then "​do"​ model which enables all members of the subcommittee to be aware of the plans before they are put into effect.
 +    - Membership of a sub-committee does not give individuals the freedom to act unilaterally. ​ A sub-committee has been formed by the main committee to allow a team to work on a task.
 +  - The subcommittee should be ready and willing to report the current status of any action they are undertaking to:
 +    - Their own members <​del>​(on request)</​del>​
 +    - A main committee member <​del>​(on request)</​del>​
 +    - The main committee at each committee meeting ​ <​del>​(at each committee meeting)</​del>​
 +
 +More detailed information may require reference to particular subcommittee members, but in general this information should be available on that sub-committee'​s wiki page.
 +
 +==== Classification Modification : Associate Membership - Resident Artist - NoizeMaschin!! ====
 +(STUART) - Below is to ensure we get the key back or have funds to replace the lock and keys if we need.
 +
 +Under "​Rehearsal room usage" additional point -
 +
 +  * If the Resident Artist wants a key to access the Rehearsal Room they must pay a key bond equivalent to a Band Membership and be provided with a way to book the band room.
 +
 +^ Moved By | STUART |
 +^ Seconded By | SECONDER | 
 +^ Status | Accepted/​Rejected |
 +==== Welding Gas ====
 +(STUART) - Cost $108 per year effectively for two refills. ​ While costs were covered in the years 2016-17, 2017-18
 +No funds have been received for the current financial year for that.
 +
 +==== By-Law Modification : Tool Usage Fees ====
 +(STUART) For welding it is currently written as ->
 +
 +Welding:
 +  * Member Rate: $20 an hour or part there of
 +  * Casual User Rate: $20 an hour or part there of
 +
 +Amend to 
 +
 +Welding with Gas:
 +  * Member Rate: $15 an hour or part there of
 +  * Casual User Rate: $20 an hour or part there of
 +
 +REASONING - The current costing implies that the non-gas varieties cost the same when they shouldn'​t
 +
 +^ Moved By | STUART |
 +^ Seconded By | SECONDER | 
 +^ Status | Accepted/​Rejected |
 +==== By-Law Modification :  ====
 +
 +==== 3D Printers Recently Acquired ====
 +Oven, recovery machine, colour one, two other models
 +
 +(STUART) - Questions
 +  * Do we want them all? 
 +  * If not, 
 +    * who will work out which we keep and by when(roughly)?​
 +    * who will do sale / disposal?
 +  * Actions for future - Pricing for use and Training of use? Who
 +
 +OTHER BUSINESS DISCUSSION
 ===== Action Summary ===== ===== Action Summary =====
  
   * LIST ACTIONS AND ACTIONEES   * LIST ACTIONS AND ACTIONEES
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/attic/committee/committee_meeting_2019.02.23.1549788362.txt.gz · Last modified: 20190210-1646 by stuartm