User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2018.06.30

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2018.06.30 [20180630-1120]
10.60.210.254 [Officer Reports]
committee:committee_meeting_2018.06.30 [20180630-1321] (current)
blakesamuels finished
Line 26: Line 26:
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: ​OPEN +  * Opened: ​11:28 
-  * Closed: ​CLOSE +  * Closed: ​13:21 
-  * Next meeting: ​NEXTMEETINGweeks+  * Next meeting: ​Saturday 4th August 3pmweeks
  
 ==== Minutes of Previous Meeting ==== ==== Minutes of Previous Meeting ====
-^ Status | Accepted/​Rejected ​+^ Status | Accepted | 
-^ Moved By | MOVER +^ Moved By | James 
-^ Seconded By | SECONDER ​+^ Seconded By | JM 
  
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
-  * CORRESPONDENCE+  * Enquiries workshops, tools, office space - not appropriate,​ acrylic 
 +  * Modelling 3D dynamics enquiry - direct to mailing list 
 +  * Injection moulding question 
 +  * Sewing class questions 
 +  * Questions on catapult - send links to video 
 +  * Queries on laser cutting 
 +  * Feature film people came on Wednesday night to look to use our studio 
 +    * weighing up 2 premises 
 +    * 6 weeks 
 +    * Thoughts on $1800 to charge 
 +  * Query from highschool kid on free access - explained how membership works 
 +  * Board games event looks promising 
 +  * Arduino U - sequential gearbox that a guy wants to control 
 +  * Small laser cutter for potential donation 
 +    * Discussion on whether we want it 
 +    * Blake to follow up with person 
 +  * Cosplay event idea: People dressed in costume get entry to next cosplay workshop free 
 +  * Mel 
 +    * John Kent St - order for 40 rockets $200 
 +  * Hugh 
 +    * Arduino U - power dingy navigation system question (didn'​t come to last Wednesday, maybe next one) 
  
 ==== Property Report ==== ==== Property Report ====
-  * PROPERTY+  * Stuart cleaned up outside 
 +  * Door having trouble closing 
 +    * Some remedial wor kfor now to make it easier to close 
 +    * Stuart - arrange someone to replace door 
  
 ==== Officer Reports ==== ==== Officer Reports ====
  
 === Chairperson'​s Report === === Chairperson'​s Report ===
-  * CHAIRPERSON+  * Supanova went well  
 +    * >$1100 
 +    * 100 catapaults sold 
 +    * Several boxes of business cards distributed 
 +    * Complements on panel talk 
 +    * Lots of people through the stall 
 +    * Facebook page picked up 
 +  * 
  
 === Treasurer'​s Report === === Treasurer'​s Report ===
Line 80: Line 112:
 ^ Equipment Expenses (Below)| ​ | $35.18 | ^ Equipment Expenses (Below)| ​ | $35.18 |
  
 +Report: 
 +  * Spending ideas 
 +    * Benches out back 
 +    * Benches in studio 
 +    * Bed big red $350
  
 === Membership Report ===  ​ === Membership Report ===  ​
Line 90: Line 126:
   * 1 (0) Band Memberships ​ **More Bands are Needed**   * 1 (0) Band Memberships ​ **More Bands are Needed**
   * 2 (0) The Residency   * 2 (0) The Residency
 +
 +Family membership to be dropped
 +  - Hard to manage in tidy HQ
 +  - Not popular
 +  - Do it as first member full and second family member concession
  
 == Cancelled Non-Payment == == Cancelled Non-Payment ==
Line 102: Line 143:
 ^ Mike Handley| Full | ^ Mike Handley| Full |
  
-^ Status | Accepted/​Rejected ​+^ Status | Accepted | 
-^ Moved By | MOVER +^ Moved By | James 
-^ Seconded By | SECONDER ​+^ Seconded By | Tanner ​
  
 === Bandroom Report ===  ​ === Bandroom Report ===  ​
-  * BANDROOM REPORT+  * Bandroom recently cleaned 
 +  * Band though during last sewing workshop 
 +  * Limited interest at the moment 
 +  * Idea: Bands come through on a per session basis under supervision of Tanner 
 +    * Tanner thinks $40 per session is good amount 
 +    * 3 hour cut off limit 
 +    * Motion: Tanner, Second: JM, Accepted 
 +    * Tanner to organise
  
 ==== Other Officer'​s Reports ==== ==== Other Officer'​s Reports ====
  
 === Promotions Officer Report === === Promotions Officer Report ===
-  * PROMOTIONS REPORT+  * Supanova 
 +  * Not much else
  
 === Fundraising === === Fundraising ===
-  * FUNDRAISING REPORT+  * Grants - due to July, Aug
  
 === Event Coordinators Report === === Event Coordinators Report ===
   * NoizeM - (Coordinators Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel) ​   * NoizeM - (Coordinators Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel) ​
 +    * Chip tunes night
 +    * Gabby, Andrew performed
 +    * Advertising for resident artists?
 +      * They submit form
 +      * NoiseM group review
   * Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)   * Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)
 +    * Quiet week - weather
   * DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lemming)   * DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lemming)
   * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve, Lemming)   * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve, Lemming)
 +    * Open 
 +    * Laser training - organise
   * ADUG - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, Stuart)   * ADUG - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, Stuart)
 +    * Had an event
   * Cosplay - (Coordinator James, Lemming)   * Cosplay - (Coordinator James, Lemming)
 +    * Pikapi cosplay event regular ?
   * Other Events   * Other Events
 +    * LAN
 +      * LAN went well ~22 people at peak
 +      * Pentanet sponsorship
 +        * Donated network cable (unterminated)
 +        * They gave us signs to hang - big one is too big though
 +        * Potential internet connection sponsorship 300Mbps
 +    * Sewing as discussed
 +    * Leather workshop
 +    * Perth open source hackersr
  
 ==== Sub-Committee Reports ==== ==== Sub-Committee Reports ====
   * Laser Subcommittee   * Laser Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * Big red 
 +      * Replaced lens 
 +      * Bed is damaged 
 +        * James raise motion to replace (est $350), Second: Blake, Approved. Blake to purchase 
 +      * Big red idea to raise bed 
 +        * Sacrificial material - MDF? 
 +        * Steel bars? 
 +        * Would need prototype 
 +    * Kellog 
 +      * Steve has interlock 
 +      * Have z-probe 
 +      * Need chiller - ask for member funding when ready to go 
 +      * Ducting for extraction
   * IT Subcommittee   * IT Subcommittee
-    * REPORT+    * Ian to help with new computers
  
 ==== Other Business ==== ==== Other Business ====
-  * OTHER BUSINESS +  * Reimbursement 
- +    * James for sanding disk 
-==== Review of Action Items ==== +    * Mel - wood for supanova roughly $100 - to send receipts 
-  * ACTIONS+  * Noise machine 
 +    * JM: New mixer $150, Second: Blake, Approved 
 +  * Replacement back workshop table 
 +    * $300 for new wood - Stuart, Steve second, approved 
 +  * Cordless tool kit 
 +    * 4 piece kit $399 Ryobi, JM proposed, second Hugh, approved 
 +    * Lemming to try and get a discount or sponsorship  
 +  * Constitution change 
 +    * SGM before AGM to vote in new constitution (when prepared) 
 +    * Reporting requirements to government annually 
 +    * Associate membership - band room ones who aren't key holders, no voting rights 
 +    * SGM/AGM - Saturday 15th September after 1pm (leather workshop) 
 +    * Constitution by mid August (25 Aug) 
 +    * Change model constitution to suit us 
 +    * Prepare constitution as a google doc 
 +    * Aim to have it done for early august committee meeting
  
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2018.06.30.txt · Last modified: 20180630-1321 by blakesamuels