User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2018.04.07

Committee Meeting 2018.04.07

Agenda

  1. Usual business
    1. Acceptance of last meeting's minutes
    2. Correspondence
    3. Property
    4. Chairman's report
    5. Treasurer's report
    6. Other officer's/Event Coordinators reports
    7. Subcommittee reports
    8. Area Host reports
    9. Cornwall House
  2. Other business
    1. Any expenses/For reimbursement
    2. Laser subcommittee secretary - Blake
  3. Review of Action Items

Minutes

Members Present

  • Present: StuM, James S, Tim G, Lemming, JM, Blake, Steve H, ScottM
  • Apologies: Mel, Hugh, Tanner
  • Absent:

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 16.06pm
  • Closed: 17.38
  • Next meeting: 15:00 5th May

Minutes of Previous Meeting

Status Accepted
Moved By Stuart
Seconded By JM

Correspondence

  • Kiana
    • Coming back to perth. Run lessons.
  • Travel blog, 72 hours thing
    • Not a good fit
  • 3D printing robot children under 12
    • Not a good fit
    • Could point them at David Romera
  • Request to make specific screw for tripod
    • He is welcome to try
  • Query on safety of forge work
  • Vertical machining centre
    • Long term loan to store at Artifactory
    • Is very large machine (~2 x 3m)
    • Too large for current premises
    • Store at Alex's place for interim

Property Report

  • New property
    • 4-6 O'Malley St
    • Has its own street frontage
    • 20 parking bays out front
    • Other parking down site
    • Property along block
    • Has office space and warehouse space behind
    • Airconditioners
    • Lemming to talk to landlord
    • Current place $52k with outgoings
    • Look to match on this new place - no room to budge
    • Steve - other community groups could share with us?
      • Maybe City of Stirling community groups
    • Consensus to move forward investigating new place
  • Pot holes have been patched up

Officer Reports

Chairperson's Report

  • CHAIRPERSON

Treasurer's Report

  • Insurance
    • $50k insurance
    • Directors insured
    • Covered for sale of liquour
    • Theft cover $25
    • Public liability $20m (allows for high school groups)
  • Good number of new members
  • Debt to Skot - had outstanding balance
    • Wants to move owing to “never-never”
    • Can be spent be agreement of committee
    • Tim: Requested, James: Second
  • JM - query of can we refuse a membership
    • Discussion around what is in constituion
    • Committee have to agree to accept members
    • Could improve wording in constitution
31/3/2018 28/2/2018 31/1/2018
NAB Balance $4122.38 $5991.72 $7663.3
Pending Transfer from TidyHQ/EFTPOS $988.17 $331.85 $85.86
Guthire St Bond $6000 $6000 $6000
Balance $11110.55 $12323.57 $13749.16
Quarantined Funds 31/3/2018 28/2/2018 31/1/2018
Estimated RFID Key Bond Value $8815 $8050 $8385
For Insurance 19/20 $0 $1368 $1254 +226 for each month due annually 31/3. ($2716 in 2018)
Sound Equip Payment Due $2705 $2705 $2705
DESIRED BALANCE $11520 $12818 $12344
REVENUE (Excludes Bond) Last month Feb 12 month average
Membership Income $3,508 $3156 $3,847
SpaceCash (drinks/events/venue hirer/casual) $1,749 $744 $1,712
Fund Raising/Prizes/Donations $0 $68
TOTAL INCOME $5,256 $3900 $5,627
EXPENSES Last month Feb 12 month average
Lease Paid for next month $4,224 $4,224 $4,258
Electricity $645 $307
Insurance (12mnth avg $2716/12) $2,716 $0 $226
Waste/Internet/BOC Gases $205 $314 $232
Merchant Fees $80 $0 $51
Stripe/TidyHQ Fees $85 $72 $114
Event Expenses $51
Fundraising Expenses $0 $0
Total (Prior to Equipment Purchases) $7,309 $5,818
+/- Prior to Equipment Expenses -$2,053 -$191
Last Month 12 month average
Equipment Expenses (Below) $43.31

Membership Report

Current Status

Membership as at 2018-04-06:

  • 30 (+3) Full Members (Monthly+Annual);
  • 26 (+1) Concession Memberships (Monthly+Annual);
  • 1 (0) Family Membership
  • 1 (-2) Band Memberships
  • 2 (0) The Residency
Cancelled for Non-Payment

Memberships cancelled for Non-Payment (+90 days due):

  • Mitch Kelly
  • Simon Haynes
New memberships for approval
Yohan Ratnayaka Full
Ed Mcmullin Full
Jamie Moir Full
Nathan Dunn Full
Somsuda Kunnikorn Concession
Eduardo Cossio The Residency
Brad Finch Full
Simon Biddle Full
Justin Barwick Concession
Status Accepted
Moved By Stu
Seconded By Blake

Bandroom Report

  • Swan con hired PA
  • Negotiation on swan con membership

Other Officer's Reports

Promotions Officer Report

  • None

Fundraising

  • Workshops going well
  • Roland sound canvas - Skot
  • Equipment for auctioning - Meg

Event Coordinators Report

  • NoizeM - (Coordinators Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel)
    • Event reporting
      • External working
      • Internal reporting not working so much
    • Working to increase gender diversity
      • Safer spaces policy
        • Discussion around how it works/pros and cons
        • Alternate wording - Nondescrimination, Inclusive
      • Also spread to other aspects of Artifactory
  • Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)
    • Steady
  • DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lemming)
    • Successful
  • Open Day - (Coordinator Steve, Lemming)
    • Steady - 12-15 people
  • ADUG - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, Stuart)
    • Running of event query - Delphi all day forum (8am - 6pm weekday)
      • Exclusive use
      • Cost - $15 pp, min spend $400 (JM propose, James second, Accepted)
      • Charge for microphone/PA hire
      • Scott Hollows, Richard Harrington
    • March session - 13 people
  • Cosplay - yes there was a workshop 10 person. (Coordinator James, Lemming)
  • Other Events
    • Genges con request to store stuff (More of a membership)
      • 1 cubic metre
      • Charge standard concession membership
      • Key bond
      • Propose: Lemming, Second: James, Approved
    • Improv Workshops - Eduardo Cossio Proposed - Entry by suggested Donation $5 (JM to arrange)

Sub-Committee Reports

  • Laser Subcommittee
    • Blake can discuss next month (Just left)
  • IT Subcommittee
    • Server progressing

Other Business

  • DJ booth to be roped off - Committee Approves

Review of Action Items

  • ACTIONS
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2018.04.07.txt · Last modified: 20180503-2054 by blakesamuels