User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2018.01.27

Committee Meeting 2018.01.27

Agenda

  1. Usual business
    1. Acceptance of last meeting's minutes
    2. Correspondence
    3. Property
    4. Chairman's report
    5. Treasurer's report
    6. Other officer's/Event Coordinators reports
    7. Subcommittee reports
    8. Area Host reports
    9. Cornwall House
  2. Other business
    1. Any expenses/For reimbursement
  3. Review of Action Items

Minutes

Members Present

  • Present: Lemming, Hugh, James, Tim, Stuart, Mel, Steve, Blake, Tanner
  • Apologies: JM
  • Absent: None

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 11:30am
  • Closed: 12:50
  • Next meeting: Saturday 24th Feb, 4 weeks

Minutes of Previous Meeting

Status Accepted
Moved By Hugh
Seconded By Mel

Correspondence

  • Lemming
    • Robotics team ECU
      • Queries on working with children - does teacher count as guardian
      • 6 week membership, access to CNC machine
    • LAN - web in a box we should have access to admin portal of word press
    • Swan conn guys
      • They need to be trained to run equipment
      • Artifactory might need to train them - for extra hire fee?
    • ABC radio interview - on maker spaces
      • Need to be mindful that open day after story airs could be more busy
    • New member Adrian from Germany
    • RTR lemming radio appearance - should be before next open day
    • Perth hackers - last weekend
    • Youtube livestreams from the space - fortnightly (a group is offering this to us)

Property Report

  • Front door
    • Might need some work
    • Magnetic plate could be an idea?
  • Flooding
    • Water got half meter from door

Officer Reports

Chairperson's Report

  • Interesting month
  • LAN went well
    • Look at another event

Treasurer's Report

  • Income for December positive, financials ok
31/12/2017 30/11/2017
NAB Balance $7865.65 $7483.15
Pending Transfer from TidyHQ/EFTPOS $98 $676.65
Guthire St Bond $6000 $6000
Balance $13963.65 $14159.8
REVENUE (Excludes Bond) Last month 12 month average
Membership Income $3,755 $3,924
SpaceCash (drinks/events/venue hirer/casual) $1,948 $1,700
Fund Raising/Prizes/Donations $88
TOTAL INCOME $5,703 $5,712
EXPENSES Dec 12 month average
Lease Paid for next month $4,224 $4,258
Electricity $551 $361
Insurance (12mnth avg $1372/12) $0 $114
Waste/Internet/BOC Gases $206 $231
Merchant Fees $88 $55
Stripe/TidyHQ Fees $120 $123
Event Expenses $51
Fundraising Expenses $0 $0
Total (Prior to Equipment Purchases) $5,189 $5,546
+/- Prior to Equipment Expenses $514 $165
Last Month 12 month average
Equipment Expenses (Below) $50.51

Membership Report

Current Status

Membership as at 2017-xx-xx:

  • 28 (0) Full Members(Monthly+Annual);
  • 24 (0) Concession Memberships(Monthly+Annual);
  • 1 (0) Family Membership
  • 3 (0) Band Memberships
  • 2 (0) Resident Artists
Cancelled Non-Payment

Memberships to be cancelled for Non-Payment (+90 days due):

  • None
New memberships for approval
  • CONCESSION - N/A
  • FULL - Iain Graham
  • BAND - N/A
Status Accepted
Moved By James
Seconded By Blake

Bandroom Report

  • Tanner
    • Hey Muso
      • Members didn't want to pay this month - request to shift start date back 1 month
      • Unsure about first event

Other Officer's Reports

Promotions Officer Report

  • Mel
    • Facebook ticking along
    • Aiming for 1 post a week for Artifactory
    • Bunnings sausage sizzle: awaiting to hear back

Fundraising

  • Studio room benches
    • Looking for bench top

Event Coordinators Report

  • NoizeM - (Coordinators Stuart, Tim, Jean-Michel)
    • Good turn out, raised around $200
  • Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)
    • Reasonable numbers
    • Sold 1 kit
    • New people coming through
  • DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lemming)
    • No event this month
  • Open Day - (Coordinator Steve, Lemming)
    • Quiet open day this month
    • Was day Perth Stadium opened
  • ADUG - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, Stuart)
    • Had another meeting? No correspondance.
  • Cosplay - (Coordinator James, Lemming)
    • James gauging interest for a workshop - Pepakura - paper modelling software
  • Other Events
    • Artifrag LAN
      • Feedback: Breakfast was good
      • $25 including entry and breakfast
      • Next LAN: March? 17th 18th (3rd, 4th, 5th longweekend has Madman anime event)
      • From last time: 1 dozen eggs goes with 1kg bacon

Sub-Committee Reports

  • Laser Subcommittee
    • No news
  • IT Subcommittee - Lemming
    • Server in progress
    • Might consider upgrading wireless
    • Guy from the LAN had some spare computers without cases

Other Business

  • OTHER BUSINESS
  • YouTube channel wants to do fortnightly stream from space.
    • Cost? Commercial/non-profit conflict?
    • FPV life - live streams about FPV market etc
    • Conflict is that they have a store
    • Sunday 9am to hit US audience
    • Will provide sound damping for studio (front room)
    • Do it as band membership for $100 per month
    • They should promote artifactory as part of their show
    • Proposed: Lemming, Second: Tanner: Accepted
  • ECU Robotics Team wants Membership for ~6 weeks. Under 18 students to be bought in.
    • Do similar to curtain pedal pree ($500 for the 3 months - group membership)
    • High school age
    • Up to 8 people here at one time
    • Only coming to artifactory as a group
    • Discussed more like $50 per week so $300 total (comparing to other types of membership)
    • Starting around March
    • Should highlight fact this is a discounted rate and that they should promote artifactory
  • SwanCon cost to hire if we're providing an operator for the equipment.
  • John
    • Repair cafe
      • People contacted John
      • 2 hour sessions
      • Looking for volunteers from artifactory to do some repair sessions
      • Suggest John posts to mailing list
      • Good cross promotional opportunity
    • Vintage organ
      • Free for hacking
      • Works
    • Analogue synth muck around night
      • Week before noisemachine? 19 Feb
  • Proposed resident artist - Tess
    • Been band member for awhile
    • Keen to work on projects
    • Proposed: Lemming, Second: Tanner, Approved
  • Magnus
    • Busy with Fringe world at the moment
    • Renew for 3 month and review next meeting
    • Proposed: Lemming, Second: Blake, Approved

Review of Action Items

/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2018.01.27.txt · Last modified: 20180224-1115 by blakesamuels