User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2017.10.28

Committee Meeting 2017.10.28

Agenda

  1. Usual business
    1. Acceptance of last meeting's minutes
    2. Correspondence
    3. Property
    4. Chairman's report
    5. Treasurer's report
    6. Other officer's/Event Coordinators reports
    7. Subcommittee reports
    8. Area Host reports
    9. Cornwall House
  2. Other business
    1. Any expenses for reimbursement [Excludes event/Kitchenette/Toiletries expenses]
    2. TidyHQ - annual pricing
    3. Constitution rules change from state government
    4. Lottery west grant seminar
    5. Bunnings trades card / sponsorship
    6. Strategic plan
    7. Act belong commit sponsorship
    8. Security footage -
  3. Review of Action Items
    1. Previous min

Agenda Items

Minutes

Members Present

  • Present: Lemming, Mel, Hugh, Blake, Stuart, Jean-Michel, Tim, Steve, Tanner
  • Apologies: James
  • Absent: None

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 11:15am
  • Closed: 12:55pm
  • Next meeting: Saturday 25th November, 11am (4 weeks)

Minutes of previous meeting

Status Accepted
Moved By Stuart
Seconded By Blake

Correspondence

  • Discuss received correspondence
  • Props workshop
    • Put them in studio for planning?
  • Conference B sides Perth (3 Dec)
    • Asked about interest in artifactory participating/helping about/attending
    • Put request for interest on general list
    • Consider sponsoring 3 month membership
  • Kent St Aviation Program - Mel
    • Artifactory could make the rockets they currently buy
    • Thought about logos?
  • Facebook
    • Post every 3 days?
    • Too much content?
    • Consideration on how frequently to post and what content to post
    • Put call out to members on interesting projects to post
    • Photos - possibly get google not for profit for email and drive
  • Weekender Newsletter
    • Free event article published on Artifactory for open day
  • Other ones:
    • Avago? Maybe in new year for article.
    • ABC Perth?

Property Report

  • New plumbing installed (Dale)
  • Thoughts about hot water?
    • Gas heater?
    • Solar hot water?
    • Piping considerations
    • Landlord approval - should be ok
  • Hole in ceilings
    • Hole in studio room
    • Action - Lemming to fix hole
    • Motion - $50 allowed for incidentals to fix
  • Workshop rearrangement
    • Electronics into studio and joint use as media room
      • Benches as size to fit through door
      • Basic bench outside studio (e.g. Arduino U)
      • Consider separable equipment and benches
    • Material trolleys to electronics
    • Toolwall to side of machine room
    • Action - Lemming to do plan

Officer Reports

Chairperson's Report

  • Lemming gave update

Treasurer's Report

  • Stuart gave update
30/09/2017 31/08/2017
NAB Balance $5860.09 $6460.67
Pending TidyHQ / eftpos $423.69 $157.82
Guthrie St Bond $6000 $6000
Balance $12283.78 12618.49
Quarantined Funds
Estimated RFID Key Members Bond Value $8055 $7875
For Insurance 18/19 $798 $684 +114 for each month due annually 31/3. (was $158 for $1896 in 2016)
Amount Owed on Sound Equipment $2705 $2705 To be paid for by SwanCon sound equipment hire and NoizeMaschine! event funds. Once full amount collected it will be reimbursed.
DESIRED BALANCE 11264 $11275
30/09/2-17 31/08/2017
Sound Equipment Funds Collected $2705 $2705 Collected in Full - REFUND SKOT? Not yet
REVENUE Last Month 12 Month Average
Membership $2810 $3683
Space Cash (Events/Venue hire/Snacks/tool fees/day users/other) $1455 $1375
Grants/Prizes/Donations/Fundraising $300 $143
TOTAL REVENUE $4565 $5201
EXPENSES
Lease+Estimated Variable Outgoings -$4224 -$4258
Electricity (bimonthly) -$0 -$305
Insurance (12 month average) -$0 -$114
Waste/Internet/Welding Supplies -$206 -$228
Merchant Fees (bimonthly sometimes) -$40 -$43
TidyHQ/Bank Charges -$79 -$81
TOTAL EXPENSES (Excluding Equip/Fundraising Exp) -$4550 -$5030
Equipment Purchases$ -$0 -$83
Fundraising Expenses# -$0 -$85

Incidental expenses:

  • Stuart $40. Moved: Tim, Second: Mel

Membership Report

  • Approve Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (+90 days due)

Ben McCarthy, Matthew Procter - Noted that membership cancelled

Ben Dixon is coming up to 90days - If anyone knows him please contact

  • Approve of New Members since last meeting -
    • CONCESSION - Doug Usher, John Parry
    • FULL - Megan, Jon Myers, Alistar Waddell
    • BAND -

MOVED: Blake SECONDED: Jean-Michel

20170904

  • 29 (+3) Full Members;
  • 17 (-2) Concession Memberships;
  • 5 (0) Band Memberships
  • 1 (0) The Residency

Other officer's reports

Bandroom Report

  • Tanner
  • Smoke detector needs battery
  • Light fitting needs work

Event Coordinator

  • Elect: Jean-Michel

Promotions Officer(s)

  • Elect: Mel

Fundraising

  • Bunnings
    • Sausage sizzle - Mel to book Innaloo (waiting list)
    • Trades card
    • Sponsorship

Event Coordinators Report

  • Noise Machine: Stuart/Tim/Jean-Michel
  • Arduino U: Hugh/Doug
  • DIY Synths: Lemming
  • Open Day: Steve/Lemming
  • ADUG: Richard Harrington/Stuart
  • Cosplay: James? To be confirmed by Lemming
  • Other Events
    • Schneider event
      • Left over kits available for Arduino U
      • Profit for space approx $700
    • Dale's recording session
      • Profit $100
  • Upcoming events
    • City Stirling workshop

Sub-Committee Reports

Arduino - Hugh

  • Unordered List Item

Laser - Lemming

  • Kellog new laser cutter
    • Flaky controller - possibly software from people at UWA
    • Also could get alternate controller
    • Works required to make it class 1 laser (locked access to panels)
  • Maintenance

IT - Lemming

  • New server - waiting on drives

Agenda Items

Other Business

Lottery West Seminar (Nov 10)

  • Who can attend? Steve, Lemming
  • Put call out to others
  • How to get grants

Magnus

  • Consider appointing as Ambassador to Artifactory (honorary membership)
  • Promote Artifactory at events he attends
  • Facebook stream event - science demos
    • Lemming organising fume-hood from Scitech
  • Add as artist residency with obligations:
    • to promote artifactory
    • MC noise machine at least 1 time every 3 months
  • Stuart updated TidyHQ list
  • Moved: Tim, Second: Lemming
  • Will be issued with key

TidyHQ

  • Our number of contacts push us into Basic membership $39/month
  • Voted to accept the cost for basic memebship
  • Moved: Stuart, Second: Tim

Consitution Rules Change

  • Stuart propose to review (with Blake)

Strategic Plan

  • Stuart to follow up (with Mel)
  • Survey of members

Review of Action Items

/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2017.10.28.txt · Last modified: 20171125-1112 by blakesamuels