committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10 [2017/05/10 22:23]
b0wlb0y [Officer Reports]
committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10 [2020/03/12 12:49] (current)
Line 12: Line 12:
     - Subcommittee reports     - Subcommittee reports
     - Area Host reports     - Area Host reports
-    - Cornwall House+    - Swan Community Workshops
   - Other business   - Other business
     - Any expenses/For reimbursement     - Any expenses/For reimbursement
Line 28: Line 28:
  
   * Present: LEM MK Tanner NB STU   * Present: LEM MK Tanner NB STU
-  * Apologies:Steve +  * Apologies: Steve 
-  * Absent:JM, Russel+  * Absent: JM, Russell
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: OPEN 8:40pm 10/5/17 +  * Opened: OPEN Wednesday 20170510-2040 
-  * Closed: CLOSE 10:20pm 10/5/17 +  * Closed: CLOSE Wednesday 20170510-2220 
-  * Next meeting: NEXTMEETING, 4 weeks (7/6/17?)+  * Next meeting: NEXTMEETING, 4 weeks, Wednesday 20170607-2000
  
 ==== Minutes of previous meeting ==== ==== Minutes of previous meeting ====
 ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected | ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |
-^ Moved By | PM-MOVER |LEM +^ Moved By | PM-MOVER LEM | 
-^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER |HRF +^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER HRF | 
-Obstain 3 yes 1 no +abstain, 3 yes1 no 
-NB questioned accuracy of the minutes concerning dispute and sension+NB questioned accuracy of the minutes concerning dispute and censure
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
   * CORRESPONDENCE   * CORRESPONDENCE
   * Nothing major   * Nothing major
-  * ECU sent thank note regarding Arduino evening the were very happy and hope to continue with events int he future+  * ECU sent thank note regarding Arduino evening the were very happy and hope to continue with events in the future
   * SwanCon happy with hiring gear   * SwanCon happy with hiring gear
   * E-mail from swapcard - not worth chasing   * E-mail from swapcard - not worth chasing
-  * Perth review video made which Lemming being interviewed videos were out of focus Lemming may send stills +  * Perth review video made which Lemming being interviewedvideos were out of focusLemming may send stills 
-  * Hayley wants another cos-play workshop Mon 15/5 +  * Hayley wants another cos-play workshop Monday 20170515 
-  * Mike O'hanlon 220 Pier street property, no discussion on price or Sq-m area 2400sq m lots that  +  * Mike O'Hanlon 220 Pier street property, no discussion on price or Sq-m area 2400sq m lots that  
-  * Lots of good feedback from Open day+  * Lots of good feedback from our May Open Day, Saturday 20170506
   * Address being changed for ATO   * Address being changed for ATO
 ==== Property Report ==== ==== Property Report ====
Line 114: Line 114:
  
 === Membership Report ===   === Membership Report ===  
-10/05/17+20170510
   * 31 (+2) Full Members;   * 31 (+2) Full Members;
   * 15 (+2)  Concession Memberships;   * 15 (+2)  Concession Memberships;
Line 129: Line 129:
     * FULL - Ben Hogan, Siavash Noorbakhsh, Andrew Leitch     * FULL - Ben Hogan, Siavash Noorbakhsh, Andrew Leitch
     * BAND -      * BAND - 
-Lockers: No List so far from steveRussel not seen lately who was labelling them+Lockers: No List so far from SteveRussell not seen lately who was labelling them
  
 MOVED: Stu  MOVED: Stu 
Line 136: Line 136:
  
 ==== Other officer's reports ==== ==== Other officer's reports ====
-James from Sunshine Punch wants to do a 2-band membership 3 rehearsals a month believes the rehearsals will be consecutive on the same day - +Tanner asking on behalf of James from Sunshine Punch to do a 2-band membership 3 rehearsals a month believes the rehearsals will be consecutive on the same day - 
  
 LEM:  Can Tanner talk to bands about more gigs here? (Capacity 50 but with prior notice can expand to 100 by hiring portaloo) LEM:  Can Tanner talk to bands about more gigs here? (Capacity 50 but with prior notice can expand to 100 by hiring portaloo)
Line 142: Line 142:
 === Promotions Officer === === Promotions Officer ===
    
- 
 === Fundraising JMM/StM === === Fundraising JMM/StM ===
   - Stu will redo figures for JM and Jason's report (doing latest month)   - Stu will redo figures for JM and Jason's report (doing latest month)
Line 156: Line 155:
     * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve), lots of people, LEM guiding 10 people at one stage, created new memberships from it.     * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve), lots of people, LEM guiding 10 people at one stage, created new memberships from it.
  
-    * ADUG - (Coordinator Nick & Richard Harrington) Scott Hollows is secondary contact but need Artifactory member to get the money and organisepaying + Richard, next Month is National conference and they will be overseas so will move meeting forward.  Tueday 23rd penciled in +    * ADUG(WA) - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, sometimes Nick) Scott Hollows is secondary contact but need Artifactory member to get the money and organise 
-    +      * April meeting paid for day members + Richard (monthly subscription) 
 +      * This month is ADUG National conference on their usual third-Tuesday slot, meeting moved to Tuesday 20170523: penciled in 
     * Cosplay - **15th May yet to be added to calendar**(Coordinator Lem) Hayley brings tools and just needs tables setup     * Cosplay - **15th May yet to be added to calendar**(Coordinator Lem) Hayley brings tools and just needs tables setup
  
Line 163: Line 164:
  
 ==== Sub-Committee Reports ==== ==== Sub-Committee Reports ====
-Laser Commitee had a meeting+Laser Committee had a meeting
     * NB stepped down as secretary and Jim is now secretary     * NB stepped down as secretary and Jim is now secretary
     * http://wiki.artifactory.org.au/doku.php?id=subcommittee:laser-minutes-20170503     * http://wiki.artifactory.org.au/doku.php?id=subcommittee:laser-minutes-20170503
-    * Lemming asked for 2x 50.8 +    * Lemming suggested 2x 50.8 lenses for part order 
-    * MK Maintenance Training should not be done unless a laser safety officer is presence +    * MKMaintenance Training should not be done unless a laser safety officer is presence 
-    * Leeming restrict number of Maintenance +    * Lemming: restrict number of Maintainers 
-    * NB no need to discuss this in this meeting +    * NBno need to discuss this in this meeting 
-    * 3 safety officers  +    * Have 3 safety officers  
-    * STU defer the topic? +    * STUdefer the topic? 
-    * MK look into legal requirements thinks LSO is required  +    * MKlook into legal requirementsthinks LSO is required for some maintenance actions 
-    * STU proposed to defer until radiation safety authority council documentation is available MK to get information  LEM: Seconded +    * STUproposed to defer until radiation safety authority council documentation is available MK to get information  LEM: Seconded 
-    * STU to consult with Steve as 3rd LSO +    * STUto consult with Steve as 3rd LSO 
-    * LEM if the lense is the changed needs to go out on the mailing list MK Jims responsibility +    * LEMif the lens is the changed, an announcement needs to go out on the mailing list MK Jims responsibility 
-    * STU Making +    * STU: Lasercutter is making good 
-    +     
 IT sub committee  IT sub committee 
    * LEM wants 1 person as arbiter of decisions    * LEM wants 1 person as arbiter of decisions
    * LEM wants equipment cost for servers and UPS on grant    * LEM wants equipment cost for servers and UPS on grant
-   * Door access required manual intervention due to power outage +     * Door access required manual intervention due to power outage 
-   * Committee disbanded subcommittee 6c due to inactivity +   * Committee disbanded subcommittee (6c of previous minutes) due to inactivity 
-   * LEM to write up rules+   * LEM to write up and propose his preferred rules for IT Committee
  
 Infrastructure Infrastructure
    * Got a mouse in the mouse trap    * Got a mouse in the mouse trap
-   +
 ==== Agenda Items ==== ==== Agenda Items ====
-   No expenses for re-imbursement+   There are no expenses requiring re-imbursement
 ==== General Business ==== ==== General Business ====
    *LEM investigating Bamboo ply sheets    *LEM investigating Bamboo ply sheets
Line 195: Line 196:
    *MK People cut PVC on laser cutter.    *MK People cut PVC on laser cutter.
    *MK 1TB drive is on the server archive \nvr2 in unison, individual account can mean settings are lost so use artifactory committee account     *MK 1TB drive is on the server archive \nvr2 in unison, individual account can mean settings are lost so use artifactory committee account 
-   *LEM Noize Machin residency Proposes offering to Claude. Free Membership for 3 month.  +   *LEM NoizeMachin!! residency Proposes offering to Claude. Free Membership for 3 month.  
-   *Every 3 months the Artifactory kindly allows a panel-selected Audio Artist 3 months membership, with guaranteed NM performances slots.  The Artist is to build whacky things or engage with the artifactory in someway, and demonstrate their inventions at NoizeMachin. +   *Every 3 months the Artifactory kindly allows a panel-selected Audio Artist 3 months membership, with guaranteed NM performances slots.  The Artist is to build whacky things or engage with the Artifactory in some way, and demonstrate their inventions at NoizeMachin!!
- +
 ==== ACTION items ==== ==== ACTION items ====
  
  • committee/committee_meeting_2017.05.10.1494426221.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)