committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10 [2017/05/10 11:58]
Stuartm [Other officer's reports]
committee:committee_meeting_2017.05.10 [2020/03/12 12:49] (current)
Line 12: Line 12:
     - Subcommittee reports     - Subcommittee reports
     - Area Host reports     - Area Host reports
-    - Cornwall House+    - Swan Community Workshops
   - Other business   - Other business
     - Any expenses/For reimbursement     - Any expenses/For reimbursement
-    - +    - Dan Exit 
-    - +    - Improving 
     -      - 
     -      - 
Line 26: Line 26:
 ===== Minutes ===== ===== Minutes =====
 ==== Members Present ==== ==== Members Present ====
-  * Present:  + 
-  * Apologies: +  * Present: LEM MK Tanner NB STU 
-  * Absent:+  * Apologies: Steve 
 +  * Absent: JM, Russell
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: OPEN +  * Opened: OPEN Wednesday 20170510-2040 
-  * Closed: CLOSE +  * Closed: CLOSE Wednesday 20170510-2220 
-  * Next meeting: NEXTMEETING, weeks+  * Next meeting: NEXTMEETING, weeks, Wednesday 20170607-2000
  
 ==== Minutes of previous meeting ==== ==== Minutes of previous meeting ====
 ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected | ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |
-^ Moved By | PM-MOVER | +^ Moved By | PM-MOVER LEM 
-^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER | +^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER HRF | 
 +1 abstain, 3 yes, 1 no 
 +NB questioned accuracy of the minutes concerning dispute and censure
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
   * CORRESPONDENCE   * CORRESPONDENCE
 +  * Nothing major
 +  * ECU sent thank note regarding Arduino evening the were very happy and hope to continue with events in the future
 +  * SwanCon happy with hiring gear
 +  * E-mail from swapcard - not worth chasing
 +  * Perth review video made which Lemming being interviewed; videos were out of focus, Lemming may send stills
 +  * Hayley wants another cos-play workshop Monday 20170515
 +  * Mike O'Hanlon 220 Pier street property, no discussion on price or Sq-m area 2400sq m lots that 
 +  * Lots of good feedback from our May Open Day, Saturday 20170506
 +  * Address being changed for ATO
 ==== Property Report ==== ==== Property Report ====
   * PROPERTY   * PROPERTY
 +  * Don fixed the Tap out the back, (LEM says no leaks inside)
 +  * 
 ==== Officer Reports ==== ==== Officer Reports ====
 === Chairperson's Report === === Chairperson's Report ===
   * CHAIRPERSON   * CHAIRPERSON
 +  * Good month 25 people at the open day 
 +  * 2 new members
 ==== Treasurer's Report ====  ==== Treasurer's Report ==== 
 ^  | 30/04/2017 | 31/03/2017 | ^  | 30/04/2017 | 31/03/2017 |
 ^ NAB Balance | $4489.26 | $4109.32 |   ^ NAB Balance | $4489.26 | $4109.32 |  
 ^ Pending TidyHQ / eftpos  | $148.77 | $264.26 |  ^ Pending TidyHQ / eftpos  | $148.77 | $264.26 | 
-Guthire St Bond | $6000 | $6000 | +Guthrie St Bond | $6000 | $6000 | 
 ^ Balance | **$10638.03** | **$10373.58** |   ^ Balance | **$10638.03** | **$10373.58** |  
 ^ ^
Line 60: Line 76:
 ^ ^
 ^  | 30/04/2-17 | 31/3/2017 | | ^  | 30/04/2-17 | 31/3/2017 | |
-^ Sound Equipment Funds Collected | $2705 | $2705 | Collected in Full +^ Sound Equipment Funds Collected | $2705 | $2705 | Collected in Full REFUND SKOT???
-REFUND SKOT???+
  
 ^ REVENUE |Last Month | 12 Month Average | ^ REVENUE |Last Month | 12 Month Average |
-^ Membership | $ | $ | +^ Membership | $3985 | $4141 
-^ Space Cash (Events/Venue hire/Snacks/tool fees/day users/other)| $ | $ | +^ Space Cash (Events/Venue hire/Snacks/tool fees/day users/other)| $1369 | $1255 
-^ Grants/Prizes/Donations/Fundraising| $0 | $ | +^ Grants/Prizes/Donations/Fundraising| $0 | $76 
-^ TOTAL REVENUE  | **$** | **$** |+^ TOTAL REVENUE  | **$5345** | **$5472** |
 ^ ^
 ^ EXPENSES | |  | ^ EXPENSES | |  |
 ^ Lease+Estimated Variable Outgoings | -$4224 | -$4224 | ^ Lease+Estimated Variable Outgoings | -$4224 | -$4224 |
-^ Electricity (bimonthly) |-$ |-$ | +^ Electricity (bimonthly) |-$661 |-$333 
-^ Insurance (12 month average) | -$ | -$114 | +^ Insurance (12 month average) | -$| -$114 | 
-^ Waste/Internet/Welding Supplies |-$ | -$ | +^ Waste/Internet/Welding Supplies |-$285 | -$270 
-^ Merchant Fees (bimonthly sometimes) |-$ | -$ | +^ Merchant Fees (bimonthly sometimes) |-$40 | -$40 
-^ TidyHQ/Bank Charges |-$ | -$ | +^ TidyHQ/Bank Charges |-$87 | -$91 
-^ TOTAL EXPENSES (Excluding Equip/Fundraising Exp) | **-$** | **-$** |+^ TOTAL EXPENSES (Excluding Equip/Fundraising Exp) | **-$5297** | **-$5073** |
 ^ ^
-^ Fundraising Expenses# | -$0 | $ | +^ Fundraising Expenses# | -$0 | $
-^ Equipment Purchases$ | -$ | -$ | +^ Equipment Purchases$ | -$18.67 | -$442  
 + 
 +Mousetrap $18.67
  
 Major Events/Other (Past Month) Major Events/Other (Past Month)
Line 96: Line 114:
  
 === Membership Report ===   === Membership Report ===  
-10/05/17+20170510
   * 31 (+2) Full Members;   * 31 (+2) Full Members;
   * 15 (+2)  Concession Memberships;   * 15 (+2)  Concession Memberships;
Line 104: Line 122:
   * Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (+90 days due) - Stefan Hoffman   * Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (+90 days due) - Stefan Hoffman
  
-MOVED:  +MOVED: Stu 
-SECONDED: +SECONDED: Lem
  
   * **Approve / Disapprove** of New Members since last meeting -    * **Approve / Disapprove** of New Members since last meeting - 
Line 111: Line 129:
     * FULL - Ben Hogan, Siavash Noorbakhsh, Andrew Leitch     * FULL - Ben Hogan, Siavash Noorbakhsh, Andrew Leitch
     * BAND -      * BAND - 
 +Lockers: No List so far from Steve, Russell not seen lately who was labelling them
  
-MOVED:  +MOVED: Stu  
-SECONDED:  +SECONDED: LEM 
  
  
 ==== Other officer's reports ==== ==== Other officer's reports ====
 +Tanner asking on behalf of James from Sunshine Punch to do a 2-band membership 3 rehearsals a month believes the rehearsals will be consecutive on the same day - 
 +
 +LEM:  Can Tanner talk to bands about more gigs here? (Capacity 50 but with prior notice can expand to 100 by hiring portaloo)
  
 === Promotions Officer === === Promotions Officer ===
    
- 
 === Fundraising JMM/StM === === Fundraising JMM/StM ===
-  - +  - Stu will redo figures for JM and Jason's report (doing latest month)
  
 === Event Coordinators Report === === Event Coordinators Report ===
  
-    * NoizeM - (Coordinators SM, TG, JMM, Skot, Meg) +    * NoizeM - (Coordinators SM, TG, JMM, Skot, Meg)  most $ due to Blazing Swan 
              
     * Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)     * Arduino U - (Coordinators Hugh, Doug)
          
-    * DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lem)+    * DIY Synth - (Coordinator Lem) 31 non members Dave Faleti cut 12 cases, LEM: can look at pre-made cases. Noize Machin for DIY Synth coming up, STU talking changing dates due to conflicts, Dan moving out may free up space for ADUG and prevent conflicts
                
-    * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve)+    * Open Day - (Coordinator Steve), lots of people, LEM guiding 10 people at one stage, created new memberships from it.
  
-    * ADUG - (Coordinator Nick & Richard Harrington) +    * ADUG(WA) - (Coordinator Richard Harrington, sometimes NickScott Hollows is secondary contact but need Artifactory member to get the money and organise 
-     +      * April meeting paid for 9 day members + Richard (monthly subscription) 
-    * Cosplay - **15th May yet to be added to calendar**(Coordinator Lem)+      * This month is ADUG National conference on their usual third-Tuesday slot, meeting moved to Tuesday 20170523: penciled in 
 + 
 +    * Cosplay - **15th May yet to be added to calendar**(Coordinator Lem) Hayley brings tools and just needs tables setup
  
     * Other Events     * Other Events
  
 ==== Sub-Committee Reports ==== ==== Sub-Committee Reports ====
 +Laser Committee had a meeting
 +    * NB stepped down as secretary and Jim is now secretary
 +    * http://wiki.artifactory.org.au/doku.php?id=subcommittee:laser-minutes-20170503
 +    * Lemming suggested 2x 50.8 lenses for part order
 +    * MK: Maintenance Training should not be done unless a laser safety officer is presence
 +    * Lemming: restrict number of Maintainers
 +    * NB: no need to discuss this in this meeting
 +    * Have 3 safety officers 
 +    * STU: defer the topic?
 +    * MK: look into legal requirements, thinks LSO is required for some maintenance actions
 +    * STU: proposed to defer until radiation safety authority council documentation is available MK to get information  LEM: Seconded
 +    * STU: to consult with Steve as 3rd LSO
 +    * LEM: if the lens is the changed, an announcement needs to go out on the mailing list MK Jims responsibility
 +    * STU: Lasercutter is making good $
 +     
 +IT sub committee 
 +   * LEM wants 1 person as arbiter of decisions
 +   * LEM wants equipment cost for servers and UPS on grant
 +     * Door access required manual intervention due to power outage
 +   * Committee disbanded subcommittee (6c of previous minutes) due to inactivity
 +   * LEM to write up and propose his preferred rules for IT Committee
  
-==== Agenda Items ====+Infrastructure 
 +   * Got a mouse in the mouse trap
  
 +==== Agenda Items ====
 +   * There are no expenses requiring re-imbursement
 ==== General Business ==== ==== General Business ====
 +   *LEM investigating Bamboo ply sheets
 +   *STU Dan exit, looking for new member/tenants, alternatively double efforts on relocation
 +   *MK People cut PVC on laser cutter.
 +   *MK 1TB drive is on the server archive \nvr2 in unison, individual account can mean settings are lost so use artifactory committee account 
 +   *LEM NoizeMachin!! residency Proposes offering to Claude. Free Membership for 3 month. 
 +   *Every 3 months the Artifactory kindly allows a panel-selected Audio Artist 3 months membership, with guaranteed NM performances slots.  The Artist is to build whacky things or engage with the Artifactory in some way, and demonstrate their inventions at NoizeMachin!!.
 +
 +==== ACTION items ====
 +
 +=== Resolved ===
 +
 +=== New (arising from this meeting) ===
 +
 +=== Ongoing ===
 +
 +ACTION (HF) to investigate arduino parts and stuff for courses & syllabus  **Work in progress**
 +
 +ACTION (Subcommittees) to ask for people interested in subcommittees **Ongoing**
 +
 +ACTION (TG) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list. (not yet done) Can someone else do it?
 +
 +ACTION: Nick to decide what is needed for laser cutters and to get prices for next meeting.  **To do**
 +
 +ACTION: (JK) - Finish Grant
 +
 +ACTION: (MK) - acrylic sheets
 +   * all decent sheets had been taken so not worth it
 +ACTION: RFID for office
  
-==== Review of Action Items ====+ACTION: Vending Machine (MK)
  • committee/committee_meeting_2017.05.10.1494388731.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)