committee:committee_meeting_2016.12.07

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2016.12.07 [2016/12/07 21:18]
steve
committee:committee_meeting_2016.12.07 [2020/03/12 12:49] (current)
Line 29: Line 29:
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
   * Opened: 2030   * Opened: 2030
-  * Closed:  +  * Closed: 2317 
-  * Next meeting: (proposed 11 Jan 2017 at 2030) +  * Next meeting: (Jan 2017 at 2030) 
  
 ==== Brief note about Chairman of this meeting ==== ==== Brief note about Chairman of this meeting ====
Line 142: Line 142:
 Lots of ideas of things to take Lots of ideas of things to take
  
-o-day ECU? 20 Feb +  * University Orientation/O-Day 
-  +    * ECU? 20 Feb 
-mt lawley 23 Feb +      * MT lawley 23 Feb 
- +    Curtin 20 Feb (ish) 
-Curtin 20 Feb (ish)+    * UWA Friday 2017-02-24 https://www.facebook.com/events/1146953648707628/
  
 we are registered on creativespaces.com.au we are registered on creativespaces.com.au
  
-=== Fundraising ===+would like to use promotions@artifactory.com.au 
 + 
 +Has a poster and is putting it up around the place 
 + 
 +looking at flyer printing costs 
 + 
 +look at google analytics for main web site 
 + 
 +Look at meetup (~$20/month) 
 + 
 +=== Fundraising JMM/StM === 
 + 
 +JMM has been prettying up the annual report 
 === Event Coordinators Report === === Event Coordinators Report ===
  
     * NoizeM - SM, TG, JMM, Skot, Meg     * NoizeM - SM, TG, JMM, Skot, Meg
 +      * it was good
 +      * small crowd :-(
 +      * next one looking big
     * Arduino U - TG, Hugh     * Arduino U - TG, Hugh
 +      * pretty quiet
 +      * get nanos to sell at a small price (inc with entry)
 +      * lots to talk about
     * DIY Synth - Lem     * DIY Synth - Lem
 +      * pretty good 
 +      * good comments about lights
 +      * lots of people
     * open day - Steve     * open day - Steve
 +      * steady stream of people 
 +      * JK's promotion was good
 +      * JK's cleanup (also StM after NM) well appreciated
     * ADUG - Nick & Richard Harrington     * ADUG - Nick & Richard Harrington
 +      * not this month
     * Other Events     * Other Events
  
Line 163: Line 189:
  
   - Laser subcommittee   - Laser subcommittee
 +    - see subcommittee minutes
 +    - suggestions about improvements following laser settings changes
 +    - need more trainers
 +    - 
   - Fundraising   - Fundraising
   - IT SubComm   - IT SubComm
 +    - some issues with the door (solar panel related?)
   - Infrastructure   - Infrastructure
   - Events   - Events
Line 176: Line 207:
     - Electronics Bench - Steve     - Electronics Bench - Steve
     - Tool Room - Lemming     - Tool Room - Lemming
 +      - layout change
 +      - cordless drill broken
 +      - lotterywest grant application
 +      - ask for donations of equipment
 +      - ask for donation of funds
 +      - can we get cheap "returned" equipment?
     - Welding - Lemming     - Welding - Lemming
 +      - we have gas!
     - Band Room - Tanner     - Band Room - Tanner
 +      - monitor arm for mac?
 +      - wants to do audit
     - Stage - JMM     - Stage - JMM
  
-==== Cornwall house ====+==== Swan Community Workshops (SCW) previously Cornwall house ==== 
 + 
 +had the meeting. 
 + 
 +need to get into the grant writing workshop next year 
  
 ==== Update on the search for other premises ==== ==== Update on the search for other premises ====
 +
 +Another building to look at this Friday afternoon 2 Burgay court.  Office + warehouse + yard
  
 ==== Other Business ==== ==== Other Business ====
Line 188: Line 234:
   * First aid kit.   * First aid kit.
   * LEDs   * LEDs
 +    * roaring success
   * Door   * Door
   * General Cleanliness (Thanks JK)    * General Cleanliness (Thanks JK) 
Line 193: Line 240:
     - are we on their list of members?     - are we on their list of members?
     - investigation re registration as a charity     - investigation re registration as a charity
 +
 +  * another 3 phase connection split out for lasers.  spoken to martin $200 in materials 2hrs.  1 month membership per hour?
 +
 +moved LEM pay up to $200 materials + 2 months for 3 phase stuff
 +2nd Nick
 +passed without dissent
  
 ==== ACTION items ==== ==== ACTION items ====
Line 200: Line 253:
 === New (arising from this meeting) === === New (arising from this meeting) ===
  
-ACTION (StM) to remove TG from info@ and add Lem+ACTION (StM) to remove TG from info@ and add Lem & Jason 
 + 
 +ACTION (JK) Investigate Non personalised Business cards 
 + 
 +ACTION (JK) Investigate approx 1000 flyers 
 + 
 +ACTION (SH) To bring in old cordless drill 
 + 
 +ACTION (SH) to show Tanner the monitor arm 
 + 
 +ACTION (TP) to do audit of band room equipment 
 + 
 +ACTION (Nick) to check chiller on Big Red 
 + 
 +ACTION (HP) to investigate arduino parts and stuff for courses & syllabus
  
 === Ongoing === === Ongoing ===
  
-ACTION (TG) to handle the corresp stuff.+ACTION (Lem) to handle the corresp stuff.
  
-ACTION (SH) to ask for people interested in subcommittees+ACTION (Subcommittees) to ask for people interested in subcommittees
  
-ACTION (TG?) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list. (not yet done) Can someone else do it?+ACTION (TG) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list. (not yet done) Can someone else do it?
  
 ACTION (JMM) - First aid kit status (catalog and advise) ACTION (JMM) - First aid kit status (catalog and advise)
  
  
  • committee/committee_meeting_2016.12.07.1481116693.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)