User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2016.12.07

Committee Meeting 2016.12.07

Agenda

  1. Brief note about Chairman of this meeting
  2. Usual business
    1. Acceptance of last meeting's minutes
    2. Correspondence
    3. Chairman's report
    4. Treasurer's report
    5. Other officer's reports
    6. Subcommittee reports
    7. Building Report
    8. Area Host reports
    9. Cornwall House
  3. Chairman's leave of absence and proposed new under-deputy Chairman
  4. Update on the search for other premises
  5. Other business
  6. Review of Action Items

Minutes ===,

Members Present

  • Present: JK, NB, StM, Lem, SJH, HP
  • Observing:
  • Apologies: TG
  • Absent: JM, RC

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 2030
  • Closed: 2317
  • Next meeting: (4 Jan 2017 at 2030)

Brief note about Chairman of this meeting

Acceptance of minutes

See: Committee Meeting 2016.11.09

Status Accepted
Moved By NB
Seconded By Lem

Passed withoit dissent

Correspondence

nothing on paper, stuff on facebook (Lem to fill in here)

Chairman's report

Good open day

Treasurer's Report

30/11/2016 31/10/2016
NAB Balance $4410.73 $8357.52
Pending TidyHQ / eftpos $171.72 $296.90
Balance $4582.45 $8654.42

L30/10 Balance - Lease paid 2/11 rather than in Oct. Thus a like for like balance should look $4430.42 for 31/10

Quarantined Funds
Estimated Bond Value $6800 $6565
For Insurance 17/18 $1264 $1106 +158 for each month
Amount Owed on Sound Equipment $2705 $2705 Amount unknown past meetings. To be paid for by SwanCon sound equipment hire and NoizeMaschine! event funds. Once full amount collected it will be reimbursed.
DESIRED BALANCE $10769 $10127
31/11/2016 30/10/2016
Sound Equipment Funds Collected $2610 $2510 Replaced by Skot (+$100 from NM! Nov)
REVENUE Last Month 12 Month Average
Membership $2725 $4482
Space Cash (Events/Venue hire/drinks/tool fees/day users/other) $1671 $1029
Grants/Prizes/Donations/Fundraising $220 $216
TOTAL REVENUE $4616 $5771
EXPENSES
Lease+Estimated Variable Outgoings (Paid 02/11 for November) -$4224 -$4224
Electricity -$222 -$446
Insurance (12 month average) -$0 -$158
Waste/Internet/Welding Supplies -$206 -$318
Merchant Fees -$80 -$40
TidyHQ/Bank Charges -$95 -$106
TOTAL EXPENSES (Excluding Equip/Fundraising Exp) -$4827 -$5292
Fundraising Expenses# $0 $59
Equipment Purchases$ -$65.24 -$571

$ Shed padlock, Belt for Belt Sander, Wood for LED Light bars for trestles, 2 * POWER PLUGS FOR shed

Major Events/Other (Past Month)

  • ADUG - ~$110
  • Noizemaschin ~$100,
  • Mod Synth ~$300

Money Due (04/11/16)

  • Membership - ~$5805 +$3K on last months ($1520 paid 05/11/16)
  • Car park hire (4 weeks)- $800 - ($400 paid 05/11/16)
  • Kitchenette Expenses - $284.50 ($284.50 paid 05/11/16)
  • ADUG Sept + Oct + Nov - $290,
  • LEDs - $50

Membership Report

  • 28 (-3) Full Members;
  • 14 (-1) Concession Memberships;
  • 0 (0) Studio Memberships
  • 0 (0) Annual Sponsored Memberships
  • 1 (0) Studio Office Memberships (For 2 Members)
  • 4 (+1) Band Memberships
  • 1 (0) Band + Concession Memberships
  • Approve / Disapprove Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (+90 days due)
    • Alex Polgardy (left)
    • Volker Ritzka (cancelled)

moved Lem 2nd NB Passed without dissent

  • Approve / Disapprove of New Members since last meeting
    • CONCESSION -
    • FULL - Gino Parisella, Nick Derickx, David Van Beelen
    • Band - Red Mother

moved Lem 2nd SH Passed without dissent

MOVED:

SECONDED:

Other officer's reports

Promotions Officer - JK

Supernova Perth booked June

Lots of ideas of things to take

we are registered on creativespaces.com.au

would like to use promotions@artifactory.com.au

Has a poster and is putting it up around the place

looking at flyer printing costs

look at google analytics for main web site

Look at meetup (~$20/month)

Fundraising JMM/StM

JMM has been prettying up the annual report

Event Coordinators Report

  • NoizeM - SM, TG, JMM, Skot, Meg
    • it was good
    • small crowd :-(
    • next one looking big
  • Arduino U - TG, Hugh
    • pretty quiet
    • get nanos to sell at a small price (inc with entry)
    • lots to talk about
  • DIY Synth - Lem
    • pretty good
    • good comments about lights
    • lots of people
  • open day - Steve
    • steady stream of people
    • JK's promotion was good
    • JK's cleanup (also StM after NM) well appreciated
  • ADUG - Nick & Richard Harrington
    • not this month
  • Other Events

Subcommittee reports

  1. Laser subcommittee
    1. see subcommittee minutes
    2. suggestions about improvements following laser settings changes
    3. need more trainers
  2. Fundraising
  3. IT SubComm
    1. some issues with the door (solar panel related?)
  4. Infrastructure
  5. Events

Building Report

Area hosts Reports

  1. Area hosts
    1. CAD Room - Russell
    2. Electronics Bench - Steve
    3. Tool Room - Lemming
      1. layout change
      2. cordless drill broken
      3. lotterywest grant application
      4. ask for donations of equipment
      5. ask for donation of funds
      6. can we get cheap “returned” equipment?
    4. Welding - Lemming
      1. we have gas!
    5. Band Room - Tanner
      1. monitor arm for mac?
      2. wants to do audit
    6. Stage - JMM

Swan Community Workshops (SCW) previously Cornwall house

had the meeting.

need to get into the grant writing workshop next year

Update on the search for other premises

Another building to look at this Friday afternoon 2 Burgay court. Office + warehouse + yard

Other Business

  • First aid kit.
  • LEDs
    • roaring success
  • Door
  • General Cleanliness (Thanks JK)
  • connecting up.org
    1. are we on their list of members?
    2. investigation re registration as a charity
  • another 3 phase connection split out for lasers. spoken to martin $200 in materials 2hrs. 1 month membership per hour?

moved LEM pay up to $200 materials + 2 months for 3 phase stuff 2nd Nick passed without dissent

ACTION items

Resolved

New (arising from this meeting)

ACTION (StM) to remove TG from info@ and add Lem & Jason

ACTION (JK) Investigate Non personalised Business cards

ACTION (JK) Investigate approx 1000 flyers

ACTION (SH) To bring in old cordless drill

ACTION (SH) to show Tanner the monitor arm

ACTION (TP) to do audit of band room equipment

ACTION (Nick) to check chiller on Big Red

ACTION (HP) to investigate arduino parts and stuff for courses & syllabus

Ongoing

ACTION (Lem) to handle the corresp stuff.

ACTION (Subcommittees) to ask for people interested in subcommittees

ACTION (TG) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list. (not yet done) Can someone else do it?

ACTION (JMM) - First aid kit status (catalog and advise)

/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2016.12.07.txt · Last modified: 20170104-2037 by nick