User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2016.11.09

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2016.11.09 [20161106-1050]
Stuartm [Members Present]
committee:committee_meeting_2016.11.09 [20161109-2133] (current)
steve
Line 25: Line 25:
  
 ==== Members Present ==== ==== Members Present ====
-  * Present: ​ +  * Present: ​SH TG NB HRF RC LEM 
   * Observing: ​   * Observing: ​
   * Apologies: Stuart   * Apologies: Stuart
Line 31: Line 31:
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened:  +  * Opened: ​2020 
-  * Closed:  +  * Closed: ​2130 
-  * Next meeting: (proposed 7 Dev 2016) +  * Next meeting: (proposed 7 Dec 2016 at 2030
  
 ==== Acceptance of minutes ==== ==== Acceptance of minutes ====
Line 41: Line 41:
 See: [[committee:​committee_meeting_2016.10.12]] See: [[committee:​committee_meeting_2016.10.12]]
  
-^ Status | Accepted ​/ Rejected ​+^ Status | Accepted | 
-^ Moved By |  +^ Moved By | LEM 
-^ Seconded By |  |+^ Seconded By | RC | 
 + 
 +passed without dissent
  
 === Minutes of previous meeting (19/​10/​2016) === === Minutes of previous meeting (19/​10/​2016) ===
Line 49: Line 51:
 See: [[committee:​committee_meeting_2016.10.19]] See: [[committee:​committee_meeting_2016.10.19]]
  
-^ Status | Accepted ​/ Rejected ​+^ Status | Accepted | 
-^ Moved By |  +^ Moved By | HRF 
-^ Seconded By |  |+^ Seconded By | NB | 
 + 
 +Passed without dissent
  
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
  
 +  - health thing - Lemming was to chase up on.  not done
 +  - other health thing - 
 +
 +Tim will reply to them and pass them on to Lemming.
  
 ==== Chairman'​s report ==== ==== Chairman'​s report ====
  
 +It's been about 1/2 a month since the meeting and we're still here.
  
 ==== Treasurer'​s Report ==== ==== Treasurer'​s Report ====
Line 122: Line 131:
   * **Approve / Disapprove** Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (90 days+ due) - **NONE**   * **Approve / Disapprove** Memberships for Cancellation for Non-Payment (90 days+ due) - **NONE**
  
-MOVED: ​ 
- 
-SECONDED: ​ 
  
   * **Approve / Disapprove** of New Members since last meeting   * **Approve / Disapprove** of New Members since last meeting
     * CONCESSION - Philip Wijesinghe,     * CONCESSION - Philip Wijesinghe,
-    * FULL - Gino Parisella, Ricki Barnes*, Ryan Coleman* (Re-joining)+    * FULL - Craig Laurndet, Melanie Talbot, ​Gino Parisella, Ricki Barnes*, Ryan Coleman* (Re-joining)
   ​   ​
-MOVED:+MOVED: ​SH 
 + 
 +SECONDED: RC
  
-SECONDED:+passed without dissent
  
  
Line 149: Line 157:
   -Due to illnesses/​study commitments/​people away - it turned out that we just had a skeleton crew to put the night on.  Hopefully we can get some more RSA's for the bar(Justin is getting pressed ganged at the moment) and another couple Audio engineers.   -Due to illnesses/​study commitments/​people away - it turned out that we just had a skeleton crew to put the night on.  Hopefully we can get some more RSA's for the bar(Justin is getting pressed ganged at the moment) and another couple Audio engineers.
     * Arduino U - TG, Hugh     * Arduino U - TG, Hugh
-    * DIY Synth - Tim +    * DIY Synth - Tim ~ 21 non-members 
-    * open day - Steve +    * open day - Steve - it was steady. 
-    * ADUG - Nick & Richard Harrington+    * ADUG - Nick & Richard Harrington ​- tick
     * Other Events     * Other Events
 +      * kaleidoscopefestival.com.au from not till sunday night
 +        * LEM is spruking us :-)
  
 ==== Subcommittee reports ==== ==== Subcommittee reports ====
Line 159: Line 169:
   - Laser subcommittee   - Laser subcommittee
   - Fundraising - SM, JMM, Russell   - Fundraising - SM, JMM, Russell
-  - IT Infrastructure ​SubComm - Andrew, Mitch, Steven Tseng, Nick, Tim, Brendan +  - IT  SubComm - Andrew, Mitch, Steven Tseng, Nick, Tim, Brendan 
-  - Sustainability ​Russell+  - Infrastructure 
 +  ​Events 
 + 
 +Move SH - That we accept the terms of reference of the subcommittees until we decide to change them. 
 +2nd LEM 
 + 
 +Passed without dissent
  
 ==== Building Report ==== ==== Building Report ====
 +
 +Don has dropped in and failing lights have been pointed out to him. 
 +
 +The offer from us still stands that we will accept a rent holiday in exchange for us fixing certain stuff
  
 ==== Area hosts Reports ==== ==== Area hosts Reports ====
Line 168: Line 188:
   - Area hosts   - Area hosts
     - CAD Room - Russell     - CAD Room - Russell
 +      - Is a lot cleaner (Thanks LEM)
     - Electronics Bench - Steve     - Electronics Bench - Steve
 +      - Is a lot cleaner (Thanks LEM)
     - Tool Room - Lemming     - Tool Room - Lemming
 +      - little sander has a belt
 +      - swarfomat dist extractor unblocked
 +      - almost zero cleanup from swarf
 +      - getting new blade for large bandsaw
 +      - planer has sharp blades
     - Welding - Lemming     - Welding - Lemming
 +      - $108 D gas bottle + 1 free refill, then $99 per refill (BOC)
 +      - MOVED LEM, 2nd NB Do it -- passed
     - Band Room - Tanner     - Band Room - Tanner
     - Stage - JMM     - Stage - JMM
Line 176: Line 205:
 ==== Cornwall house ==== ==== Cornwall house ====
  
 +NB: AGM Tue arvo midland 2pm 15 Nov.   ​Upstairs midland public library.  ​
  
 ==== Update on the search for other premises ==== ==== Update on the search for other premises ====
  
 +LEM 
 +  - Burswood ​  too expensive, not a good building, poor crime stats.
 +  - St vincent de paul  1500m2 warehouse + 1000m2 shop -- can we swing that with dan and another group (outside option)
 +  - 2 burgay ct.  sth of scarb bch rd.  460m wh 360m2 office 250m'2 yard.  going to have a closer look
 +  - roberts st - we love it but we're not interested -- no outdoor space.
 +
 +spoke to one of the local councellors. ​ Stirling doesnt have property that we could use.  residential not commercial. ​ he will talk to city of stirling and maybe state govt.
  
 ==== Subcommittee ==== ==== Subcommittee ====
  
-    - Approval of terms of reference (See [[subcommittee:​start]]) 
     - Membership (See [[subcommittee:​start]])     - Membership (See [[subcommittee:​start]])
-    - Change of rules (Steve will move that the quorum for a subcommittee be capped if we have a subcommittee which includes more than 6 members. ​ The infrastructure subcommittee has the potential to have many members. ​ If we have not limited it's membership to a core group and structured it as per the recommendations in the proposed terms of reference (or if any other subcommittee gets too big) our rules will make it difficult for the subcommittee to function. ​ At present I feel the quorum for a subcommittee should be 3 members at most.)+    - Change of rules (Steve will not move that the quorum for a subcommittee be capped if we have a subcommittee which includes more than 6 members. ​ The infrastructure subcommittee has the potential to have many members. ​ If we have not limited it's membership to a core group and structured it as per the recommendations in the proposed terms of reference (or if any other subcommittee gets too big) our rules will make it difficult for the subcommittee to function. ​ At present I feel the quorum for a subcommittee should be 3 members at most.) 
 + 
 + 
 +move SH 2nd NB that the membership of the fundraising subc be accepted. passed without dissent 
 + 
 +move SH 2nd RC that NB & Jim M be the new members of the laser sub committee. passed without dissent 
 + 
 +move SH 2 LEM that the IT subc be Andrew, Nick (sec), LEM, Justin R, Steven T. Passed without dissent
  
 ==== Other Business ==== ==== Other Business ====
  
-JMM & the the first aid kit.+JMM & the the first aid kit. -- pass (but must be done ASAP!!!)
  
-LEDs+LEDs - a roaring success. ​ down to 10 unallocated and 8 uncollected. ​ lights for mod synth well accepted 
 + 
 +move LEM for expenditure up to $100 to make more of them 
 +sec SH 
 +passed without dissent 
 + 
 +Door  
 +  - Current state documented by LEN 
 +  - Andrew did the code 
 +  - Adding front light, roller door switch, etc to provide automatic control and status upgrades 
 +  - Plans for new hardware 
 +  - ~$100 BOM  
 + 
 +connecting up.org 
 +  - lem trying to get on their list of members 
 +  - need to be registered as a charity (lem looking into it)
  
 ==== ACTION items ==== ==== ACTION items ====
Line 201: Line 259:
  
 ACTION (SH) - Warning retraction email sent to MK - DONE ACTION (SH) - Warning retraction email sent to MK - DONE
 +
 +ACTION (ALL) - read the subcommittee terms of reference (DONE)
  
 === New (arising from this meeting) === === New (arising from this meeting) ===
 +
 +ACTION (TG) to handle the corresp stuff.
 +
 +ACTION SH to ask for people interested in subcommittees
  
 === Ongoing === === Ongoing ===
  
-ACTION (TG?) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list.+ACTION (TG?) - Manipulation of the history of core mailing list. (not yet done) Can someone else do it?
  
-ACTION (JMM) - First aid kit status+ACTION (JMM) - First aid kit status ​(catalog and advise)
  
-ACTION (ALL) - read the subcommittee terms of reference 
  
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2016.11.09.txt · Last modified: 20161109-2133 by steve