User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2016.01.09

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2016.01.09 [20160109-0920]
nick [Agenda Items] Sposor listings
committee:committee_meeting_2016.01.09 [20160109-1152] (current)
timbo
Line 5: Line 5:
   * ACTION: Stuart to investigate EFTPOS pin pad.   * ACTION: Stuart to investigate EFTPOS pin pad.
   * ACTION: SKoT to get prospectus to StuartM for ACNC/​Cultural org. registration   * ACTION: SKoT to get prospectus to StuartM for ACNC/​Cultural org. registration
-  * ACTION: TG to put call out to area hosts. SteveH: elec, DanB: Kitchen, SKoTM: Swarfomat/​stage +  * ACTION: TG to put call out to area hosts. SteveH: elec, DanB: Kitchen, SKoTM: Swarfomat/​stage ​**Done** 
-  * ACTION: SkotM to review prospectus and contact Kool Room to arrange follow-up +  * ACTION: SkotM to review prospectus and contact Kool Room to arrange follow-up ​**Not Done** 
-  * ACTION: SKoTM to action ADUG(WA) Promo pending NB's feedback +  * ACTION: SKoTM to action ADUG(WA) Promo pending NB's feedback ​**Done** 
-  * ACTION: SKoTM to sort our NM and Space t-shirts +  * ACTION: SKoTM to sort our NM and Space t-shirts ​**Not done** 
-  * ACTION: MK to wrangle a new sign +  * ACTION: MK to wrangle a new sign **Not Done** 
-  * ACTION: Stuart to add wiki section on How to cancel/​suspend membership. ​+  * ACTION: Stuart to add wiki section on How to cancel/​suspend membership. ​**Ongoing**
  
 ==== Additional Agenda Items ==== ==== Additional Agenda Items ====
-  * Theft of drinks+  * Theft of drinks ​**Fridge Not a theft - things just moved about. Aircon guy - buy more, but give directly to guy**
   * Front office door lock   * Front office door lock
   * Access check: front door key?   * Access check: front door key?
-  * Lasercutter spares +  * Lasercutter spares ​** around $350 Total. Approved. NB to action** 
-  * Steel security cable for electronic work bench+  * Steel security cable for electronic work bench ** Good idea - Chase up MitchK to get quotes **
     * Tools to cut/​crimp/​swage the cable     * Tools to cut/​crimp/​swage the cable
-  * Purchase of air conditioner for band room +  * Purchase of air conditioner for band room ** OK! Meg to action** 
-  * Revisit of Laser Cutter Costs for Non-Members $5 for 10 minutes. ​  +  * Revisit of Laser Cutter Costs for Non-Members $5 for 10 minutes.  ​**See elsewhere ** 
-  * New revenue sources. +  * New revenue sources. ​**See eklsewhere ** 
-  * Identity for security+  * Identity for security ​** Update notevoards, wiki, memberhip - need subcommittee **
 ===== Minutes ===== ===== Minutes =====
   *   *
  
 ==== Members Present ==== ==== Members Present ====
-  * Present:  +  * Present: ​Skot, Meg, Nick, Steve  
-  * Apologies: DO'M+  * Apologies: DO'​M ​Stuary
   * Absent:   * Absent:
 +  * Observing:
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: ​OPEN +  * Opened: ​10:55AM 
-  * Closed: ​CLOSE +  * Closed: ​12:00 
-  * Next meeting: ​NEXTMEETING,​ n weeks+  * Next meeting: ​13th 11:00AM
  
 ==== Minutes of previous meeting ==== ==== Minutes of previous meeting ====
-^ Status | Accepted/​Rejected ​+^ Status | Accepted | 
-^ Moved By | PM-MOVER ​+^ Moved By | Steve 
-^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER ​+^ Seconded By | Nick  
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
-  * CORRESPONDENCE+  * Skm stm - - stirling city sustainability grant & Deductable gift recipient (DGR) 
 +  * 
 ==== Property Report ==== ==== Property Report ====
-  * PROPERTY+  * SH: Roller Door being left open **Action** reattach bolt 
 +  * SKM: Office door lock broken, door damaged. **Action** SKoT has lock, will replace 
 +  * SH notes that the inside crack near back roller door is looking bigger. 
 +  * SKM **action** Tee up a meeting with Don. 
 + 
 ==== Officer Reports ==== ==== Officer Reports ====
 === Chairperson'​s Report === === Chairperson'​s Report ===
-  * CHAIRPERSON+  * Space has been a little empty - hols and heat. Still a bit clean! 
 +  * Office break in, so we need to up our security. 
 +  * Actually cashflow positive again! 
 +  * 
 === Treasurer'​s Report === === Treasurer'​s Report ===
   * TREASURER   * TREASURER
Line 77: Line 87:
     * **Approval of New Members Back to 01/​07/​15-08/​01/​16**     * **Approval of New Members Back to 01/​07/​15-08/​01/​16**
     * Russell Clarke, Steven Tseng, Stuart McDonald, Raphael Pearce, Bradley Parkin, Jim Mullaney, Matt Legg, Nicholas Howes, Alex Hill, Mike Handley, Aaron Hammond, Ricki Barnes, Andrew Elwell - Full     * Russell Clarke, Steven Tseng, Stuart McDonald, Raphael Pearce, Bradley Parkin, Jim Mullaney, Matt Legg, Nicholas Howes, Alex Hill, Mike Handley, Aaron Hammond, Ricki Barnes, Andrew Elwell - Full
-    * Ben Hindmarsh, Roger Harrison, Mac Ma, Lawson Galbraith, Kiana Jones, Jason Kongchouy, jean-michel maujean, Annie Rawle - Concession+    * Ben Hindmarsh, Roger Harrison, Mac Ma, Lawson Galbraith, Kiana Jones, Jason Kongchouy, jean-michel maujean, Annie Rawle - Concession ​**Approved** (no dissent)
     * Steve Dillon(The Terror Adaptors) - Band     * Steve Dillon(The Terror Adaptors) - Band
     * Current Numbers: X full, X concession, X visitor members     * Current Numbers: X full, X concession, X visitor members
Line 122: Line 132:
  
   *Options ... http://​forums.whirlpool.net.au/​archive/​1876081   *Options ... http://​forums.whirlpool.net.au/​archive/​1876081
 +
 +
  
 **2/ Stuart to add wiki section on How to cancel/​suspend membership.** - No action taken yet. **2/ Stuart to add wiki section on How to cancel/​suspend membership.** - No action taken yet.
Line 130: Line 142:
  
 ==== Agenda Items ==== ==== Agenda Items ====
-  - Laser Cuttting Prices for Non-members 50c considered too high by some. Temporary rise to 20c a minute sign posted. (Note website states $0.50 a minute - minimum $5.) What fee price to set? +  - Laser Cuttting Prices for Non-members 50c considered too high by some. Temporary rise to 20c a minute sign posted. (Note website states $0.50 a minute - minimum $5.) What fee price to set? **50c option. Offer discounted rate for cosplay/​laser cutting events** 
-  - EFTPOS - Go for it? +  - EFTPOS - Go for it? **OK. NB to point StM at Officeworks Paypal option** 
-  - Give the Treasurer the option to allow members with Never-Never balances the option of paying their membership. ​ The treasurer will not give this option to a member if the account balance is below bond value level.+  - Give the Treasurer the option to allow members with Never-Never balances the option of paying their membership. ​ The treasurer will not give this option to a member if the account balance is below bond value level. ​**Approved**
   - The Treasurer requests that new revenue sources should be investigated. Propose   - The Treasurer requests that new revenue sources should be investigated. Propose
-    *"How to" youtube videos. ​ (A couple people are interested in starring, we just need a youtube whizz."​)+    *"How to" youtube videos. ​ (A couple people are interested in starring, we just need a youtube whizz."​) ​**Action: Form YouTube subcommittee - JKong to be pressed into wrangling.**
     *Accept advertising on our website     *Accept advertising on our website
       * NB: Sponsor listings - definitely, dynamic ads not so much. Website already needs streamlining to remove Javascript, trackers, broken calendars, possibly pull together other sites a bit - Tidyclub, wiki, calendar, mailing list, Facebook       * NB: Sponsor listings - definitely, dynamic ads not so much. Website already needs streamlining to remove Javascript, trackers, broken calendars, possibly pull together other sites a bit - Tidyclub, wiki, calendar, mailing list, Facebook
 +      * **In theory great - if done well. StM to chase up sponsors **
     *Provide members an incentive to go after grants - maybe discount on membership if successful     *Provide members an incentive to go after grants - maybe discount on membership if successful
-  -Identity for security. How can we help members identify members/​non-members who enter the space. Names on the Wiki, Photo board...+  -Identity for security. How can we help members identify members/​non-members who enter the space. Names on the Wiki, Photo board... ​**Not discussed** 
 + 
  
  
 ==== General Business ==== ==== General Business ====
 +
 + * Misuderstandings surrounding laser maintenance and spares being ordered. subcommittee to form to resolvee
 + * SM $40 interest free for solar panels - **action** SM to follow up with Don
  
 ==== ACTION Items Resulting ==== ==== ACTION Items Resulting ====
 +
 +==== Events ====
 +Proposed events:
 +
 + * 12 Feb Drum and bass night (MitchK)
 + * 12 Mar Spanish music night (Rod)
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2016.01.09.txt · Last modified: 20160109-1152 by timbo