committee:committee_meeting_2015.11.14

This is an old revision of the document!


Committee Meeting 2015.11.14

  • Present:
  • Apologies: SKoT McDonald
  • Absent:
  • Observing:
  • Opened: 11:00
  • Closed:
  • Next meeting: 11:00 th December.
Status Accepted
Moved By NB
Seconded By AE

Chairperson's Report

Treasurer's Report

Membership Officer Report

  • n paid members
  • Approval of New Members
    • List members here

Events Officer Report

  • Previous
    • NoizeMaschin!!:
    • Arduino U:
    • DIY synth night: Final one for 2015 - resumes in Feb 2016. Many Members, 15 Non Members
  • Upcoming
  • Beaufort St Festival.
  • NM!!
  • TG to put call out to area hosts. SH elec, DB, Kitchen. SM Swarfomat/stage
  • SM to review prospectus and contact Kool Room to arrange followup
  • NB to contact ADUG and ask if they're OK with us promoting their event to raise activity profile of the space.
  • SM to action ADUG Promo pending NB's feedback.
  • SM to sort our NM and Space t-shirts
  • DB to replace cistern and taps

Infrastructure Report

  • Development of a “Master Plan” for the Space: We are a do-ocracy, but we still need a strategic vision for overall area allocation and facilities that recognises competing and overlapping interests and uses. By documenting such a Master Plan, not only will we be able to all pull in the same direction, but we will have something to gloat over when super heroes are tied up at the Space. (My (SKoT) 2c: I'll try to kick start something off on the WIKI; I'm keen for main central space recovery (for gigs), and boosting temporary bench space (we have an influx of new members who will need to be accommodated), and reducing large furniture, perma-workbenches etc in the main area, eg the spare sofa.)
  • Security: We've had a few randoms coming through the space of late, a close call with a wallet (miscreant was caught whilst high-tailing it, wallet was recovered). Several members have proposed recorded CCTV near the doors and carpark at the very least; possible logging of time-lapse images from the webcams. Discuss Pros & Cons. (My 2c: I'm in favour, I think privacy concerns are no worse than what we broadcast already on the webcam page, and logged video / images could be kept on a secure committee-only server.). Also need to make “keep door closed if you are alone/few of you in space, esp at night”
  • First Gig / Licensed Event: Saturday Dec 19: (proposed) fundraiser for music room & space in general
  • Solar Panels: We have $800 in pledges so far, need 6000 more (or more fund raising). I've volunteered to Do Stoopid Super Villian Stunts For Money (“$200 to present a list of our demands upon the City to Mayor Lisa Scaffedi”) as part of a fund-run. Anyone else? Can we do this in Early Dec?
  • committee/committee_meeting_2015.11.14.1447247762.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)