committee:committee_meeting_2015.09.12

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2015.09.12 [2015/09/12 12:01]
nick created
committee:committee_meeting_2015.09.12 [2020/03/12 12:49] (current)
Line 7: Line 7:
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
   * Opened: 20150912-1205   * Opened: 20150912-1205
-  * Closed: 20150912-??+  * Closed: 20150912-1310
   * Next meeting:   * Next meeting:
     * Saturdays 1pm?     * Saturdays 1pm?
-    * 20151011-1300, 4 weeks+    * 20151017-1100, 4 weeks
  
 ==== Allocation of roles ==== ==== Allocation of roles ====
Line 25: Line 25:
     * Passed unanimously: Huzzah! TimG!     * Passed unanimously: Huzzah! TimG!
  
 +  * Treasurer
 +    * StuartM nominates StuartM
 +    * Passed unanimously: Woo! StuartM
  
- 
- 
-===== 2014 ===== 
- 
-==== Previous Action Items ==== 
-==== Additional Agenda Items ==== 
- 
-===== Minutes ===== 
-==== Members Present ==== 
-  * Present: JD NB WC ShayT TimG KittyByrne BrettD DaveO'M BrendanR MitchK SKotM ChrisHall 
-  * Apologies:  
-  * Absent:  
- 
-==== Meeting Times ==== 
-  * Opened: 20140913-1308 
-  * Closed: 20140913-1410 
-  * Next meeting: 
-    * Saturdays 1pm? 
-    * Second Saturdays of the month? 
-    * 20141011-1300, 4 weeks 
- 
-==== Allocation of roles ==== 
-  * Chairperson 
-    * Mitch Kelly nominates self, withdrawn 
-    * Brett Downing nominates David O'Meara, accepted, withdrawn 
-    * David O'Meara nominates Jenna Downing to continue! Accepted 
-      * Huzzah! Jenna! 
-  * Vice-Chair 
-    * Mitch Kelly nominates self 
-    * Nick Bannon nominates David O'Meara, declined 
-    * Nick Bannon nominates himself, withdrawn 
-      * Huzzah! Mitch! 
-  * Secretary 
-    * Nick Bannon nominates himself 
-    * Tim Gilchrist nominates David O'Meara, declined 
-      * Huzzah! Nick! 
-  * TimG: Nominates self as Treasurer 
-    * Huzzah, Tim! 
-      * You are a wonderful human being 
-  * JasonM: TimG is holding his proxy, willing to be deputy Treasurer 
-    * Huzzah, Jason! 
   * Deputy Secretary   * Deputy Secretary
-    * Nick Bannon nominates David O'Meara, accepted +    * SteveH nominates self, accepted 
-      * Huzzah, David!+      * Huzzah, Steve!
   * Membership officer   * Membership officer
-    * TimG nominates David O'Meara, accepted+    * DaveO nominates David O'Meara, accepted
       * Huzzah, David!       * Huzzah, David!
   * Events Manager   * Events Manager
Line 81: Line 43:
       * Huzzah, Mitch!       * Huzzah, Mitch!
   * Quartermaster   * Quartermaster
-    * TimG nominates self +    * James Sim Mooted. Defer until he's been contacted. 
-    * Note from outgoing Treasurer: Make sure we gets receipts! +    * TimG happy to continue if James Sim not happy to do it.
-      * Huzzah, Tim!+
   * Safety Officer   * Safety Officer
-    * Nick Bannon nominates Warren Creemers +    * JeanMichel self nominiates 
-      * HuzzahWarren!+      * HuzzaJean Michel 
 +   
 +==== Previous Action Items ==== 
 + 
 + * ACTION: TG will start invoices to Dan Browne, JD will contact, Cc: TG. Signup in Tidyclub and needs a key 
 +    * Rich as looking for a key, contacted James at AudioVault **DONE** 
 +    * SM: Updating lock on sliding door, music room ** TODO ** 
 +  * ACTION: SM: New Computers languishing: PCs in office/CAD need imaging **TODO** 
 +  * ACTION: NB: Notification of AGM, nominations **DONE** 
 + 
 +==== Additional Agenda Items ====
  
 ==== Minutes of previous meeting ==== ==== Minutes of previous meeting ====
-  * True and correct records? Last month was informal, no quorum 
- 
 ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected | ^ Status | Accepted/Rejected |
-^ Moved By | PM-MOVER +^ Moved By | Tim 
-^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER |+^ Seconded By | DaveO | 
  
 ==== Correspondence ==== ==== Correspondence ====
-  * Accepted for BeaufortSt Festival Saturday 20141115, 3x3m stall, costs $200 +   
-    * If there'shortfallDavo will cover it +=== Cornwall house report === 
-    * TimG GSPA trilobite badges in more +WarrenC: 
-  WarrenCCHCW accepting bookings for meeting spaces +Project still long term - "3 years until walking thorough the door." Of 6 million target3 million raised. 40000 from lotterywest to create business plan, consultant hired, Possible another 1.5 million from lotterywest. Student group being taken on. Monthly meeting, Warren would like someone to take over. SM will come to next one (this Tuesday) NB/SM/DO will work out ongoing.  
-    Second Saturdays of the month+ 
 +** ActionWC to send details to SM/NB/DO *
 + 
 +SM: We have an end-of-lease coming, and we're not cash positive. Need to build bridges to other groups, eg Enkel, City of Perth. Artifactory can still exist, may need to translocate all our bits unless our funding situation improves. 
  
 ==== Property Report ==== ==== Property Report ====
-  * PROPERTY+  * SM: End of lease coming up... year? Reported cracks to landlord. More flooding, Pipe at top rearranged. Leaks above Galactica, Wall near cad room leaking 
 +    * DO: Safety officer should wrangle flammables. 
 + 
 + 
 ===== Officer Reports ===== ===== Officer Reports =====
 ==== Chairperson's Report ==== ==== Chairperson's Report ====
-  * CHAIRPERSON+  * Welcome new committee. need to do promo, opendays, t-shirts to raise profile of space. 
 + 
 ==== Treasurer's Report ==== ==== Treasurer's Report ====
   * TREASURER   * TREASURER
-    * Last known bank balance: $6872 +    * Last known bank balance: $1,928.04  
-      * Major bills paid this month? + 
-        * ACTION: TimG: September rent to pay +
-        * Power? +
-      * thank you GSPA! A few hundred in bills still to pay +
-    * ACTION: TG/DO'M: Update/Implement [[:Tidyclub|TidyClub]] membership items +
-      * AudioVault 201409 invoice and onwards: $1350/month +
-      * Full memberships: $75/month +
-      * Concession memberships: $45/month +
-      * "Sponsored memberships"? $1200/year for industry$600/year for student? +
-      * "Space usage allowance" topup items? $25/month full, $5/month concession?+
 ==== Membership Officer Report ==== ==== Membership Officer Report ====
 +  * ** Action: Davo to update post-meeting **
   * MEMBERSHIP   * MEMBERSHIP
- +    * Current Membership Numbers
-  * WarrenC +
-    * Sponsored memberships +
-      * e.g. 3rd engineering students; industry groups that need occasional tool acces +
-      * Single annual fee; vs Yearly payment option? +
-      * One named person +
-      * Includes usage fees +
-      * Get tax receipt (no GST included) +
-      * No bulk manufacturing +
-      * Concern: Case by case basis? Tailor to suit actual people +
-      * Approvals at committee meetings +
-      * Firms have/want a budgetted item +
-      * Proposed $100/month for industry, $50/month student, paid annually +
-      * UWA motorsport EV project? EEE have to pay to use lathes&drillpress from MechEng dept, book time, pay out of projects budget, huge pain! +
-      * Motion: For: Unanimous +
- +
-  * New members since last month: +
-  * Approval of New Members +
-  +
-^ Status | Accepted | +
-^ Moved By | PM-MOVER | +
-^ Seconded By | PM-SECONDER | +
- +
-  * Current Membership Numbers+
     * ? active full, ? inactive full     * ? active full, ? inactive full
     * ? active concession, ? inactive concession     * ? active concession, ? inactive concession
Line 156: Line 104:
 ==== Events Officer Report ==== ==== Events Officer Report ====
   * Previous events   * Previous events
-    Tuesday 20140826-1930 NoizeMaschin!! #38 [[https://www.facebook.com/events/1478683882371357]] +  NM, Modular synth 
-    * Tuesday 20140819 ADUG [[http://www.adug.org.au/meetings/perth/next_meeting.html]] +    * Robotics Workshop
-    * Saturday 20140906-1900 GSPA, Steampunk and Dinosaurs at the Museum [[https://www.facebook.com/events/296301457200275]]+
   * Upcoming events   * Upcoming events
-    * SAGA Reunion Friday 20140919--21 ? +    * Accepted for BeaufortSt Festival 20151114,  
-      * KittyByrne has RSAMitchKelly may get one +    * Davo will cover costs, profits will go to space  
-    * Robotics +  Accepted for RoboFair. Larger stall combining with SWMakers, West coast makers and Vic Park Enkel 
-    NM +
-    * DIY Synth+
   * Suggested events   * Suggested events
  
Line 171: Line 117:
 === Safety Report === === Safety Report ===
   * Safety Officer   * Safety Officer
-    * Broken wristbone this month +    * 
-      * [In camera discussion] +
-    * Incidents must be reported on main core list+
  
 === Quartermasters === === Quartermasters ===
-  * Timbo +  * None
-    * Going OK? Need a hand? +
-    * Restock, including FirstAidKit+
  
 === Media and Propaganda/Promotions === === Media and Propaganda/Promotions ===
 +  * SM to be main contact - form next subcommittee
  
 === IT Infrastructure Report === === IT Infrastructure Report ===
-  * David, Nick, Brendan, Southen, Daniel+  * AlexY Upgraded CPU in server. 
 +  * Andrew Elwell main contact. - form next subcommittee
  
 === Infrastructure Report === === Infrastructure Report ===
   * INFRASTRUCTURE TSAR - MitchK   * INFRASTRUCTURE TSAR - MitchK
-    * ACTION: MitchK: Fire extinguisher refresh +    * 
-  * ACTION: next month review: [[tidyspace:|Tidy Space]] [[areahosts:|AREA HOSTS]]+
  
 ==== Agenda Items ==== ==== Agenda Items ====
  
 ==== General Business ==== ==== General Business ====
- +  Call for ideas on membership pricing to be discussed at next meeting. 
-  Everyone have wiki access? Yes! +  * Laser cutters members only. Visitors at mercy of open days/finding a member to cut for them. Can point them at other options - FabLab etc. 
-  * On mailinglist? +  *  Open Days, public training days for lasercutters. **ACtionEvents and promotions subcommittee to discuss.** 
-  * Update commmittee wiki page +  * SMPadlock Bin? Efficient packing often not used. **ActionSM to discuss potential bin usage with Dan to make sure not excessive*
-  ACTIONBank access: TimG: Jason and more visit NAB MtLawley this coming month, will mail the committee list about it +  * **ACtionsubcommittees to report to chair before next meeting **
-  * ACTIONScrap metalDO'M will organise with Graham, the metal salvage guy, for a Tuesday 20140916 morning pickup +
-      Graham willing to come back and do other pickups from the front on request +
-  * Next door's van +
-    Was in contact with Rich, paperwork, insurance +
-    * Parties are talking +
-    ACTIONWe would like a report back regarding next door's van +
-    Black overspray was a separate incident +
-  Carpark: to clean +
-  * Lasercutter: to clean+
  
 ==== ACTION Items Resulting ==== ==== ACTION Items Resulting ====
-  * ACTION: TimG: September rent to pay +  * ACTION: 
-  * ACTION: TG/DO'M: Update/Implement [[:Tidyclub|TidyClub]] membership items +
-  * ACTION: MitchK: Fire extinguisher refresh +
-  * ACTION: Bank access: TimG: Jason and more visit NAB MtLawley this coming month, will mail the committee list about it +
-  * ACTION: Scrap metal: DO'M will organise with Graham, the metal salvage guy, for a Tuesday 20140916 morning pickup +
-  * ACTION: We would like a report back regarding next door's van +
-  * ACTION: next month review: [[tidyspace:|Tidy Space]] [[areahosts:|AREA HOSTS]] +
-  * ACTION: next month review: btsync access+
  
  • committee/committee_meeting_2015.09.12.1442030499.txt.gz
  • Last modified: 2020/03/12 12:49
  • (external edit)