User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2015.01.31

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2015.01.31 [20141213-0254]
nick membership ACTIONS
committee:committee_meeting_2015.01.31 [20150224-1551] (current)
nick [Previous Action Items] typo
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== Committee Meeting 2015.01.03 ======+====== Committee Meeting 2015.01.31 ======
 ===== Agenda ===== ===== Agenda =====
  
 ==== Previous Action Items ==== ==== Previous Action Items ====
   * ACTION: TG: Check if we have some cashflow for a repayment towards towards [PRD]'​s [[committee:​nevernever|never-never]]:​ maybe $58.94 ?   * ACTION: TG: Check if we have some cashflow for a repayment towards towards [PRD]'​s [[committee:​nevernever|never-never]]:​ maybe $58.94 ?
 +    * Membership renewals for January not reconciled yet, but no, probably not this month
   * ACTION: MK: Bringing in CO2 fire extinguisher 20141207, forward claim through, get inspection for tagging them (expected cost: $110 callout, $25/​extinguisher)   * ACTION: MK: Bringing in CO2 fire extinguisher 20141207, forward claim through, get inspection for tagging them (expected cost: $110 callout, $25/​extinguisher)
 +    * Done! No reimbursement required - thank you!
 +    * There are 4 little brand new ones
 +      * Receipt in the office filing cabinet, "​CASH"​ written on top
   * ACTION: MK: send the login details through 20141207, re: FTP account to the Roleystone WAFreenet BTSync area backup   * ACTION: MK: send the login details through 20141207, re: FTP account to the Roleystone WAFreenet BTSync area backup
 +    * TODO
   * ACTION: JD can write up some bulletpoints re: [[:​tidyspace]],​ Artist memberships,​ drama, acid, rain, will need help to formalise, to discuss this month.   * ACTION: JD can write up some bulletpoints re: [[:​tidyspace]],​ Artist memberships,​ drama, acid, rain, will need help to formalise, to discuss this month.
     * Main thrust: Name your stuff, otherwise it will be disposed with prejudice     * Main thrust: Name your stuff, otherwise it will be disposed with prejudice
Line 11: Line 16:
     * Done     * Done
   * ACTION: TG&SM: to set up WC as second sponsored member   * ACTION: TG&SM: to set up WC as second sponsored member
 +    * Paying quarterly
   * ACTION: TG to invoice: MK would like to renew at the corporate-sponsored $1200pa for December   * ACTION: TG to invoice: MK would like to renew at the corporate-sponsored $1200pa for December
   * ACTION: TG will chase up with WC re: CHCW, we expect a $250 request, which may turn into a Lotterywest grant   * ACTION: TG will chase up with WC re: CHCW, we expect a $250 request, which may turn into a Lotterywest grant
   * ACTION: WC leading the charge to write a first round project plan? Help needed? What next actions required?   * ACTION: WC leading the charge to write a first round project plan? Help needed? What next actions required?
 +    * JD: donated $250 for CHCW startup dues - thank you!
 +    * Multi-stage funding:
 +      * Raise some money
 +        * We can offer day? memberships now and discount 3 month memberships for membership at the CHCW venue?
 +        * Arduino kits?
 +        * Can we get some sponsored Maker books or magazines
 +        * Welding workshop
 +        * CNC/Laser house numbers
 +      * Go to Lotterywest to leverage that with a grant
 +      * Some assets and land maintenance are being offered by the members and council
  
 ==== Additional Agenda Items ==== ==== Additional Agenda Items ====
 +
 +  * LC1290 "Big Red" has been out since 20141212, dead HV PSU
 +    * Repaired and levelled 20150109!
 +    * It's now running on stepped-down 220V power as of 20150115 and the bed re-levelled on 20150117
 +    * Mad props to Adam, Doug, Steve, Bastian, Darryl Browning, Justin Richards, Nathan Thompson, Christopher Hall...
 +    * Order from http://​wklaser.com/​ via Adam Fiannaca, arrived
 +      * LC1290 replacement power supply HV PSU for 150W laser tube, USD$410
 +      * LC1290 replacement belts, USD$110 - two small loops, one large loop, one large cut-to-length belt
 +      * LC1290 focus lens - 20mm diameter x 63.5mm focal length, USD$50
 +      * DHL Shipping about USD$110?
 +        * Left Monday 20150105-1746 SHANDONG PROVINCE - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC
 +        * Via Hong Kong, arrived and cleared Perth Customs on Wednesday
 +        * Delivery possible from Thursday 20150108-1245!
 +      * USD $680?
 +      * Total: AUD $830, was paid to Adam's account
 +    * Ready to install the HV PSU when it arrives?
 +      * Artifactory laser experts and wannabe-experts:​ clean the LC1290
 +        * Both the machines need regular cleaning/​maintenance
 +        * cleaning the bed
 +        * inspecting/​cleaning the mirrors, the lens
 +        * check the belts for the alleged damage
 +        * extraction declogging
 +        * the laser tube and the wiring has a layer of dust
 +      * Check mains voltages - the circuit for the laser area seems to be a few volts higher than the rest
 +        * Probably still within http://​en.wikipedia.org/​wiki/​AS/​NZS_3112#​Voltage specs though, 253V or less, 99% of the time
 +        * Autotransformer installed, to step it down from 253V to 232V (aiming for 220V nominal), 10A maximum - thank you Steve and Doug!
  
 ===== Minutes ===== ===== Minutes =====
 ==== Members Present ==== ==== Members Present ====
-  * Present:  +  * Present: ​JM WC NB MK ChrisHall 
-  * Apologies: JD NB +    * JS stopped by briefly - will subscribe to the Google calendar 
-  * Absent:+    * welcome back Daniel! 
 +  * Apologies: JD BD SM TG 
 +  * Absent: ​DO'M
  
 ==== Meeting Times ==== ==== Meeting Times ====
-  * Opened: OPEN 1100?+  * Opened: OPEN (No quorum) 1130
   * Closed: CLOSE   * Closed: CLOSE
-  * Next meeting: ​NEXTMEETINGweeks +  * Next meeting: ​Sat 20150228-1100weeks 
-    * Sat 20150131-1100?​+    * Bring it forward if agreed by Committee
  
 ==== Minutes of previous meeting ==== ==== Minutes of previous meeting ====
Line 49: Line 93:
     * Approval of New Members     * Approval of New Members
     * Current Numbers: X full, X concession, X visitor members     * Current Numbers: X full, X concession, X visitor members
 +
 +  * One member is on hold for the month of February, but has back dues
 === Events Officer Report === === Events Officer Report ===
   * Previous   * Previous
   * Upcoming   * Upcoming
 +    * WC: Curry night is due! March?
 ==== Previous ACTION Items Status ==== ==== Previous ACTION Items Status ====
  
Line 58: Line 105:
   * INFRASTRUCTURE TSAR   * INFRASTRUCTURE TSAR
   * [[tidyspace:​|Tidy Space]] [[areahosts:​|AREA HOSTS]]   * [[tidyspace:​|Tidy Space]] [[areahosts:​|AREA HOSTS]]
 +=== CHCW Update ===
 ==== Agenda Items ==== ==== Agenda Items ====
  
   * [[Stirling City Saga|Stirling City]] TODO status for RC rated capacity number:   * [[Stirling City Saga|Stirling City]] TODO status for RC rated capacity number:
     * exit light needs illuminating (battery replaced?) - design is fine     * exit light needs illuminating (battery replaced?) - design is fine
-    * "​No ​Escape" signs over both rear doors, as they only go to a closed courtyard +    * "​No ​Egress" signs over both rear doors, as they only go to a closed courtyard 
-    * fire extinguishers ​need tags+      * Can be bought from RSEA, Orrong Rd, Welshpool 
 +      * 50 Pilbara St, corner Orrong Road 
 +    * fire extinguishers 
 +      * The new ones should be good for a year 
 +      * Receipt in the office filing cabinet, "​CASH"​ written on top 
 +      * Old ones needed retagging
     * carpet edges need to be pinned down in some way so as not to be a trip hazard     * carpet edges need to be pinned down in some way so as not to be a trip hazard
     * spray paints and flammables into metal cabinet     * spray paints and flammables into metal cabinet
Line 70: Line 122:
  
 ==== General Business ==== ==== General Business ====
 +
 +  * Perspex needed: WC will do a run for to Mulford'​s
 +    * About $10/cut? Haggle! Every time we bring it up, they give us a discount
 +
 +  * Storage:
 +    * Plastic tubs? every subscription member is entitled to one, replacing lockers?
 +    * free up metal locker for flammables/​spray paints
 +    * Crowdfunding:​ lockable small drawers for jewellery
 +      * $179 http://​www.mclernons.com.au/​cgi-bin/​office-furniture.cgi?​product=Personnel_Lockers_Range&​pid=1465&​from_category_store=&​back_link_type=keywords&​back_link_value=locker
 +
 +  * Training of lasercutters is overbureaucratic
 +    * Streamline!
 +    * Operator responsibility:​
 +      * Cleaning & maintenance,​ leave it better than you found it
 +      * Full cleaning weekly/​fortnightly
 +    * Trainer responsibility:​
 +      * Bring up the next generation of trainers
  
 ==== ACTION Items Resulting ==== ==== ACTION Items Resulting ====
 +  * ACTION: MK: send the login details through 20141207, re: FTP account to the Roleystone WAFreenet BTSync area backup
 +    * TODO
 +
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/attic/committee/committee_meeting_2015.01.31.1418410499.txt.gz · Last modified: 20141213-0254 by nick