User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2014.12.06

Committee Meeting 2014.12.06

Agenda

Additional Agenda Items

  • DOM lock down LDAP access
  • DOM opening and closing procedures
  • DOM where to place additional shelving

Minutes

Members Present

  • Present: JD TG SM NB CH MK
  • Apologies: JM WC
  • Absent: JS BD

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 1112
  • Closed: 1149
  • Next meeting: Sat 20150103-1100, 4 weeks

Minutes of previous meeting

Committee Meeting 2014.11.12

Status Accepted, passed without dissent
Moved By JD
Seconded By TG

Correspondence

  • CORRESPONDENCE

Property Report

  • PROPERTY

Officer Reports

Chairperson's Report

  • CHAIRPERSON
    • Off to Europe until mid 201502
    • Complaint about a member, received in writing, triggering our complaints and disputes procedure
      • [In-camera discussion]
      • Investigation
      • Committee has requested a further written reply from the complainee

Treasurer's Report

Slightly delayed as Tidyclub had not been brought up to date at time of meeting.

  • TREASURER
    • Bank Balance at 12 December 2014 (~one week post meeting): $2491.04
      • January rent expected soon
      • Other bills (waste, power, internet access) paid.
      • Monies in space building up and in need of banking & not including AV January.
      • Once AV rent in, space rent out, and money banked, we should end up with a positive bank balance
TidyClub.com Income & Expenses Report01 November 2014 to 30 November 2014
Income - Total$3,448.02 (TG calculated): 3592.66
Income - Membership3,416.04
Income - Tickets (Doug's arduino kits $176.62
Expenses - Total$4661.84
Expenses - Rent$3926.95
Expenses - Equipment$353.45
Expenses - Electricity$364.85
Expenses - Misc (Doug's Arduino Kits$176.62
Net Profit$-1213.82

Note: The figures for income don't add up. Have reported as potential bug to TidyClub.

Membership Officer Report

  • MEMBERSHIP
    • Approval of New Members
    • CURRENT: 40 full, 3 concession, 1 sponsored, 6 visitor members
      • ACTION: TG&SM: to set up WC as second sponsored member
    • PREVIOUS as of 20141015: 45 Full, 4 concession, 1 sponsored, 8 visitors
    • ACTION: TG to invoice: MK would like to renew at the corporate-sponsored $1200pa for December

Events Officer Report

  • Previous
      • Thank you DO'M, Jean-Michel, NB
      • Very positive, sold heaps and spoke to huge numbers of people. Hoping this translates to either direct interest or greater knowledge about our existence
      • Paid for itself, $250 stall cost, merchandise production costs, $58 final profit to the space
      • Did they find our sign?
    • Tue 20141125-1930 NoizeMaschin!! #41 https://www.facebook.com/events/372713239554087/
  • Upcoming
    • JD: Laser training today, after the committee meeting
      • but no email RSVPs have happened as of now!
      • MK has a training template in his shared area
    • Tue 20141216-1930 NoizeMaschin!! #42 Xmas special https://www.facebook.com/events/1553344871562074/
    • Thu 20141211-1830 Geek Haven Xmas in December - thank you Kitty, Elena stepping in?

Previous ACTION Items Status

  • ACTION: NB: Can we make another $108.94 repayment towards towards [PRD]'s never-never ?
    • TG: Probably not enough of a positive bank balance to make another payment now, but should revisit next month
  • ACTION: MK: Bring in CO2 fire extinguisher, forward claim through
    • Will bring in tomorrow
    • Tagging them requires an inspection, $110 callout, $25/extinguisher
  • ACTION: MK: set up a FTP account to the Roleystone WAFreenet BTSync area backup
    • MK will send the details through tomorrow
  • ACTION: JD can write up some bulletpoints re: Tidy Space Policy, Artist memberships, drama, acid, rain, will need help to formalise, to discuss this month.
    • TODO: Today
    • Main thrust: Name your stuff, otherwise it will be disposed with prejudice
  • ACTION: JD: Announce 2014/15 committee to artifactory-core mailing list
    • TODO: Today

Sub-Committee Reports

Infrastructure Report

Agenda Items

  • SM: Stirling City: good news!
    • Stirling are prepared to give us a conditional occupancy of 100 people for events if the roller door is open, 50 people at other times, so our need for a second fire escape is no longer a blocking item!
    • Requires the TODO items, then an formal survey by Ray Barron (~$1000), then submitted to council
    • RC rated capacity number can be 50 anytime
    • Capacity for the square meterage would usually be 170
    • $200-$500 for portapotty hire
    • Things that need doing:
      • exit light needs illuminating (battery replaced?) - design is fine
      • “No Escape” signs over both rear doors, as they only go to a closed courtyard
      • fire extinguishers need tags
      • carpet edges need to be pinned down in some way so as not to be a trip hazard
      • spray paints and flammables into metal cabinet
      • stage curtains were inappropriate material - fixed/replacable
    • They were ok with escape from tool room and offices as they stand due to low “workshop mode” occupancy
  • WC: CHCW: Cornwell House Community Workshops (inc)
    • ACTION: TG will chase up with WC, we expect a $250 request, which may turn into a Lotterywest grant
    • WC will take up a position representing the Artifactory on the CHCW committee
    • ACTION: WC leading the charge to write a first round project plan?

General Business

  • Opening and closing procedures not always being followed: by members? or AV bands?
    • AV bands are already being briefed

ACTION Items Resulting

  • ACTION: TG: Check if we have some cashflow for a repayment towards towards [PRD]'s never-never: maybe $58.94 ?
  • ACTION: MK: Bringing in CO2 fire extinguisher 20141207, forward claim through, get inspection for tagging them (expected cost: $110 callout, $25/extinguisher)
  • ACTION: MK: send the login details through 20141207, re: FTP account to the Roleystone WAFreenet BTSync area backup
  • ACTION: JD can write up some bulletpoints re: Tidy Space Policy, Artist memberships, drama, acid, rain, will need help to formalise, to discuss this month.
    • Main thrust: Name your stuff, otherwise it will be disposed with prejudice
  • ACTION: JD: Announce 2014/15 committee to artifactory-core mailing list
    • Done
  • ACTION: TG&SM: to set up WC as second sponsored member
  • ACTION: TG to invoice: MK would like to renew at the corporate-sponsored $1200pa for December
  • ACTION: TG will chase up with WC re: CHCW, we expect a $250 request, which may turn into a Lotterywest grant
  • ACTION: WC leading the charge to write a first round project plan? Help needed? What next actions required?
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2014.12.06.txt · Last modified: 20141213-0256 by nick