User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2014.06.07

Previous Action Items

  • ACTION: TimG, auction Barco projectors on Ebay
    • ~$400
  • ACTION: BD: Organise a Chimney, we have permission from the owners for whirlybird, etc. installation
  • ACTION: JD: Publicise cashflow problems now
    • JM: Will draft for JD to distribute
    • Done!
  • ACTION: MitchK on Tue 20140513: $45/extinguisher care of Westside Fire Services, will email invoice, Anton
    • Contacted them 3 weeks ago. May be cheaper to buy new ones
  • ACTION: SKoT: NAB form, new signatories?
  • ACTION: JD: update Google calendar for Geek Haven, there's a FB event
    • Done!
  • ACTION: WC: Laser keys cutting, sell to operators
    • Done!
    • Most certified people should get a key? and update the wiki
  • ACTION: Southen, Davo, Nick: New LDAP on auth.internal.artifactory.org.au
    • Davo tried switching the wiki to LDAP and was not able to login and reverted the change - trying again next week

Additional Agenda Items

Minutes

Members Present

  • Present: JennaDowning DanielHarmsworth MitchKelly ChrisHall SKotMcDonald TimGilchrist AntonyLord WarrenCreemers
  • Apologies: JasonMuirhead BrettDowning DaveO'Meara
  • Absent:

Meeting Times

  • Opened: 12:20
  • Closed: 13:18
  • Next meeting: 20140719-1200, 6 weeks

Minutes of previous meeting

Status Accepted without dissent
Moved By DanielH
Seconded By JennaD

Correspondence

  • Lotterywest lasercutter grant, final $525 draw down claim 20140524
    • Antony Feldhusen visiting at 1pm

Property Report

  • PROPERTY
  • Incidents?
    • No deaths or dismemberments this month!

Officer Reports

Chairperson's Report

  • Things are financially rocky
    • but lots of friends and connections are in action, PR is good, more members needed!

Treasurer's Report

  • TREASURER
    • Bank balance is: $2,307.68, June rent is due?
    • Subject: May monies
    • Deficit last month was $406
    • $300+$400 expenses set aside for Welding Class #2

Membership Officer Report

  • MEMBERSHIP
    • Approval of New Members
Status Accepted
Moved By DH
Seconded By JD
  • Current Numbers: X full, X concession, X visitor members
  • 12 new visitors
    • We charge 10 times less for lasercutting that WUA Architecture
  • TidyClub - can people pay all outstanding invoices at once
    • No. We can custom invoice on demand if required

Events Officer Report

  • Previous
    • Very small Noizemaschin!! last month
    • DIY Synth build night: great success. $250 income! Some music tech types interested in joining
    • Welding workshop
      • #1 Great success!
      • #2 Sold out in 4 days!
        • $300 for trainer → $400 profit for space
      • Landcruiser club of WA would like a workshop or two
      • Probably another basic one, then advanced ones
      • Adam's enjoying coming here
    • Artists liason: JennaD went to see Stelarc: Alternative Anatomies Laboratories, more conversations to come with us
    • Nathan, SKot, AndrewNonlinearC: Neuromusic! Stem Cells
  • Upcoming
    • Geek Haven on next Thursday, 20140612: Knitting workshop: All welcome, come along!
    • SKot's going to be away a lot of later this year - will someone stand up for the Noizemaschin!! committee?
      • Next one 20140617
    • GSPA, Steampunk at the Museum, 20140906
      • Dinosaurs!
      • Could be the last hurrah! Much effort involved
      • We should make trilobites, dinosaurs, props, proceeds to an Artifactory Toolroom
      • Should be under our insurance
      • 9 piece steampunk band

Previous ACTION Items Status

Sub-Committee Reports

Infrastructure Report

  • INFRASTRUCTURE TSAR
    • Deputy Tsar appointed: MitchKelly
  • Mitch fixed the Big Red Lasercutter gas strut!
    • Reimbursed in TidyClub
    • All new trainees: You must be gentle with the equipment!
    • A reminder sticker would be nice
  • Flood lights in carpark need some more attention
  • Some roof cabling has been improved
  • Some roof rust holes have been repaired by us - but some rain is leaking through around the main centre beam!
    • ACTION: MitchK: email committee with some details so we can contact the landlord
  • AntonyL has Galvins account, we can pick up some more pipe for laser extraction
  • Aircon has been in use - shouldn't be necessary this time of year??
    • Tell people if you see it happening!
  • JennaD: Potential for cheap Hackervan
    • Pending checking out the chassis

Agenda Items

  • Fridge cash theft discovered 20140604 → more regular extractions to the safe
    • ~$80 in notes, ~$40 in change, tell AudioVault
  • Expedition to City of Swan, Cornwell House Community Workshops, Midland, Tuesday 20140617-1400
    • WarrenC's going to their next meeting, more welcome
    • Rent here is exorbitant
    • Ready in about 3 years
    • Heritage building for Country Women's association and commercial kitchen
    • Plus another new building
      • Bikes for Humanity, Men's Shed, Machinery Restoration Society - used to be at the Midlands Workshops
    • $3 million in funding so far, half way to $6 million
    • $200K funding for business planning: underway
    • We'd be a great fit as continuous space users
    • Much better non-commercial rent
    • Regular Public presence at museum. Artifactory gift shop!
    • Anton: Old Sunset Retirement Home in Nedlands: 50% Artists and Creative space
  • BD: Completion of the tidy-space policy infrastructure; Can we have a space called limbo?
    • Yes! Opposite of the welding bench, between the main rollerdoor and stage
    • Craft will make way
    • On a trolley
    • ACTION: Anton: Has contact, Claude, with cheap storage crates, Middle Swan. We'd like some, please send details through

General Business

  • Davo: Incident report, all the back doors were left open
    • People need to close up when leaving the space

ACTION Items Resulting

  • ACTION: Anton: Has contact, Claude, with cheap storage crates, Middle Swan. We'd like some, please send details through
  • ACTION: MitchK: email committee with some details about the roof leak so we can contact the landlord
  • ACTION: BD: Organise a Chimney, we have permission from the owners for whirlybird, etc. installation
    • With piping from Galvins?
  • ACTION: SKoT: NAB form, new signatories?
  • ACTION: Southen, Davo, Nick: New LDAP on auth.internal.artifactory.org.au
    • Davo tried switching the wiki to LDAP and was not able to login and reverted the change - trying again next week
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2014.06.07.txt · Last modified: 20140607-1349 by nick