User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2014.03.15
  • Present: JD, BD, NB, Timbo, DH, SKoT, MK, Chris Hall,
  • Apologies: JM, AL, WC
  • Absent: BR
  • Acceptance, Previous minutes: A propose, B seconds: Result
  • Reports
  • Correspondance
    • SM: Stirling City Council: Health Deparment is now talking to us, inspection THIS FRIDAY
      • They will bring us the Public Building permits
      • Hopefully we can have dispensation to do large events while the permit application is in progress
  • Treasurer's report by email:
    • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:51:04 +0800
    • Insurance bill missing
    • $620/month bill
      • Turn aircon off?
      • Remida: $228 not paid yet, not until other bills are done, allow to moulder, pause membership
    • ACTION: JD Publicise cashflow problems now
    • Repay bond: form says now
      • Membership buffer
    • NM audio repair bill $210, as membership credit: MOTION: DH propose, SM second. Passed without dissent
    • Nothing from insurance
    • ACTION: Timbo prepare report of new members
      • 40 subscription members currently
  • Infrastructure, BD
    • Laser ducting was leaking, fixed thanks CH, DO'M, MK!
    • MK: council required bike rack installed - thanks! Roof ccoming soon
    • Door v2 Hardware still on the way
    • Preparation for Toolroom Mark II
      • Initial quote (Midalia Steel): $3664 for all required steel, mostly the main structural members
      • $1000 for cladding
  • IT update
    • network
    • vmm-0: shell, internal died
    • vmm-1: core, auth, filer, web/wiki up
    • tidyclub.com user import/syncing
    • ACTION: NB: from MK, DO'M → MK, DH: link up WAFreenet.org
      • New IPs, we're on it
  • Past Events report
    • $300 in from NM32
  • Upcoming Events
    • NM33 March 25
      • Laser projectors in house
    • NM34 will be at Blazing Swan, not at the space
      • Artifactory Camp hosting a camp there
      • Also, techno-futurist camp
    • Australian Experimental Film Festival in May (FIXME: When? Details?) - not charging, but we are taking bar?
      • Gold coin donation?
      • Evenings of a weekend, Fri, Sat, Sun
    • http://www.adug.org.au/ would like to book some more evening meetings here
      • Third Tuesday of the month by preference
        • No calendar clash for 2014-04-15
        • 2014-05-20 would clash with NM35 - is that date fixed yet? Yes. Can have 27th
        • 2014-06-17 available?
      • Some Delphi+Arduino interfacing is being talked about by them this month
    • DIY Module Synth workshop 2014-04
  • Previous ACTION items
    • ACTION: DH email Anton about toolroom
    • ACTION: MK: 6 services for $85 at office from Westside Fire Services, will email invoice, Anton
      • MK spoke to Westside, they've heard of us!
        • SM will float extinguisher servicing
        • ACTION: MK will organise immediate servicing, done by Friday
    • ACTION: SKoT: AREA WARDEN posters
    • ACTION: Jason: NAB form, new signatories?
    • ACTION: NB fridge: basic foam seals
      • power usage 38.25kWh over 16 days
      • WC - can we rent one?
      • Defer another month
    • ACTION: Funding Efforts
      • Subcommittee: To the lists!
    • ACTION: Tim: Parking ticket manufacturing
      • 3 days with a red parking ticket, then to limbo
      • Alternating limbo piles, one emptied per week for bin or free for taking
    • ACTION: NB, MK Relocate extraction fans
    • ACTION: NB: O-Day/Special UCC night
      • Roster on wiki
    • ACTION: DO'M send Lotterywest a care package re: previous laser grant
      • Promotions! D'OM has a stack of ites ready to show
  • Agenda:
    • Please place further items on the wiki agenda
    • Annual insurance bill due - $1500?
    • Instant Waste bill due, issued 2014-02-28, invoice# 02702541, $110
    • More fund raising ideas needed, we are broke
    • TidySpace parking tickets are printed, Timbo dropped them in at some point.
      • Yellow requests were left on the bar
      • red and green are in the office
      • Permits must have an end date
      • Webcam on limbo table
      • Swancon Easter Thursday 2014-04-17–21 - provide some bag schwag, a stall, a presentation?
      • Supernova weekend of 2014-06-21–22 - share a stall, cost: $110 for Kitty Byrne, $110 for us
    • More hacking! Training days?
      • JD: There's demand, to the lists!
  • General business
  • Next meeting: Saturday morning 20140412-1000, 4 weeks
  • Meeting closed: 1425
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2014.03.15.txt · Last modified: 20140315-1423 by nick