User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2014.02.08
  • Meeting open: 13:12
  • Present: Daniel H (acting chair), Nick B (secretary), Tim G, Chris H, Mitch K, SKoT M, Jason M (treasurer), Brendan R, David O'M, Warren C
  • Apologies: Anton L, Jenna D (chair, jumping off mountains)
  • Absent:
  • Reports
  • Acceptance, Previous minutes: Nick propose, Tim seconds: Passed
  • Correspondance:
    • SM: Stirling determination → Planning Committee meeting Tueday, every level thereof, then to be forwarded to full Council
    • JM: poking unpaid members
    • NB: Lexi Hemsley asked me for some Artifactory flyers for Genghiscon 2014 swag bag, NB made some, then went in
  • Treasurer:
    • Some members have not/will not be renewing
    • 35 full, 3 concession currently
    • May reach as low as 30 after renewals chasing
    • $4084 expenses
    • $4010 income, including $1200 Audiovault
    • Net profit -$90
    • Concerning.
    • DO'M: Capacity of space? A: Plenty. Nobody's left because it's too crowded, more the merrier
    • Insurance is due: ~$1500
    • Balance: $359.64, paid February's rent
    • Some have not made a payment since October
  • Infrastructure report by email
Subject: Potential Apologies
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 10:04:36 +0800
To: artifactory-committee at googlegroups.com
  • Lathe belts ordered, somewhere in the mail
  • Timer floodlight: 100w LED flood, the construction of a small box with an automatic timer and manual / bypass switch for about $220 total - need is approval from the do-ocracy
    • Can't give appproval for expenses right now
  • Extinguishers
    • use water spray for laser small fires
    • about $80/h + parts by Global Electrotech - guesstimate at ~$200 to bring our extinguishers to code. Recommend buying some small units for specific machines (lasers) from Bunnings at ~$40/ea as the big ones are $300-400 to buy new - ouch! Again, if someone agrees, will book Global, buy some extinguishers and erect signage
  • No free cardboard recycling bins handily available yet
  • ACTION: DH email Anton about toolroom
  • JM recommends: Service big extinguishers
    • ACTION: MK: 6 services for $85 at office from Westside Fire Services, will email invoice
  • Events
    • SM: NM happpened, next one coming Feb 25th
      • No other big events currently planned
  • Previous ACTION items
    • SM: no free cardboard bins
  • ACTION: Jason: NAB form, new signatories?
  • ACTION: Anton: order Lathe Belt
  • ACTION: Brett: order control board for the mill
  • ACTION: Anton: LED Floodlight for carpark
  • ACTION: SKoT: Chase our Stirling City guy
  • ACTION: SKoT: Recycling Bins from Stirling City?
  • ACTION: Jenna: New T-shirt order (Garry's contact?), Jenna putting up some designs on Red Bubble.
  • ACTION: Anton/Nick: New fridge, ?Scope-Like? $1000 @ Bills Machinery
    • ACTION: MK might have spare bar fridge
    • ACTION: NB basic foam seals
  • ACTION: Anton: organize extinguishers vetting
  • ACTION: Tim: Parking ticket manufacturing
  • ACTION: SKoT: AREA WARDEN posters
  • ACTION: SKoT: Funding Efforts, get graphics to Elena, to do
  • General business
  • SM: away next week
  • ACTION: NB: from MK, DO'M: link up WAFreenet
  • Fundraising:
    • DO'M: Promotion/Marketing at Markets, sell lasercut kits, encourage DIY
      • Birdcage, marble machine
      • Need materials - 3mm MDF, Angus?
      • Yes! Will get help
    • Event: DM
      • DH spoke to Adam: Run advance welding class
        • Pan brake requried
        • Adam & DH can bring welders
    • Approach media
      • TV spot?
      • Would need followup Open Days
      • Warren: will update prospectus and see if we can get a story done
      • BR: Nick Evans: Need 3 things:
        • e.g. Steam Ostritch, Zepplin, and….? flying shark?
        • fly winches
        • human interest vs specific story
          • props for festivals? specific story
          • free sign for a group that needs it, Rotary? Remida?
    • Contributors to Wordpress, Wiki → SM, JohnP, TimG want instructions on wiki
    • DO'M been updating wiki
  • Signs coming along
  • BrendanR: Can we lasertrain on demand? Mondays?
    • Need roster. Yes!
      • One complete successful cut without intervention on new day, Trainee to Operator
      • Operator to Trainer: consensus of current trainers
      • Wed/Sat better for DH currently
      • 2 Mondays/month, two trainers
      • More drainpipe/hose, put fans outside or through toolroom wall
      • ACTION: NB, MK Relocate fans
    • Print a kit: $10 membership, $10 materials
    • ODay: Engineering, design students
      • Take product samples
      • ODay run
        • ACTION: NB: Is UCC interested? Special night just for you
        • Boardgamers! Print your own board, pieces, Dice tower, board stencils
  • New toolroom: specific grant wanted, should be quicker
    • Need report on current grant
    • ACTION: DO'M send them a care package
  • Next meeting: Sat 8th March 2014, 4 weeks
  • Meeting closed: 14:10
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2014.02.08.txt · Last modified: 20140312-0311 (external edit)