User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2013.07.20

Committee meeting for Perth Artifactory 20 July 2013

  • Location: Perth Artifactory
  • Meeting Opened: 13.30
  • Next Meeting: Saturday 2013-08-17-1400
  • AGM: Saturday 2013-09-21-1200 , followed by BBQ

Members present

  • Present: Nick, Skot, Daniel, Brett, Jenna, Anton, Peter, Ryan
  • Apologies: Jason

Previous minutes

  • Skot moves to accept, Daniel seconds, accepted.

AGENDA

  • Correspondence
  • Reports
  • Events
  • Lease
  • Lottery West
  • City of Stirling
  • General

Correspondence

  • lease renewal
  • Rent letter
  • Bill for rent
  • Skot Email with CoS.. new case worker, now supervisor, absolutely no movement.
  • Meeting with 3 members from Family/community section CoS on Thursday went very well.
  • Our promo summaries can go in their newsletter and they would love to commission signs etc
  • Elizabeth Brey we must not talk to.. Skot received dossier on nearly every member in CoS
  • We have been approved for Laser Cutter!

Treasurer Report

  • Current account balance 3864.58 after July's rent.
  • July invoices have not gone out yet. Daniel has been wrangling with the software to get the new $70 into the system.
  • Rent looking ok right now.
  • Let's not do any more outgoings until we know how the new membership rates go.
  • Anton to be paid outstanding amount. No objections.
  • could get a real loan and turn the never-never into a real loan. Under 20000 it will be a credit card. Can shred the card and use it as online entity.. double-sign cheque book.

Infrastructure Subcommittee

  • Adopt a mill/machine. Broken spindle controllers on both mills.
  • Greg and Brett are looking at constructing new controller
  • ACTION everyone sign up to BTsync
  • Washing machine works!
  • Anton had a couple of weird encounters concerning discounts/membership at Remida and Altronics (remida volunteer tried to say that membership is only for committee members, altronics asked if we are a govt department - no the classification is related to educational discounts)
  • Start looking at ventilation for the front room for when the laser cutter arrives.
  • Solar Panels - want volunteer to investigate cost of installation + options. Could be good Lottery West Grant 2
  • Also Smart Power (we mainly run at night, could be cheaper)

Membership

  • We accept the new membership list, to be looked over in detail after the meeting.
  • ACTION Daniel - update the price on the membership document.
  • ACTION Nick - remind members that they can get key from Brett. Key numbers to be associated with their full name somewhere.
  • ACTION: FIXME: Peter, please list the new members here
  • Membership forms need scanning, filing, ldaping, etc etc. Quite a backlog.

Events

Lease

  • Renewed!
  • Q: Did lawyers get paid? Not yet: ACTION: Daniel
  • Q: Did documents get filed? Yes!

Lottery West: Lasercutter

  • Approved!
  • The quote for the laser cutter will be different now.
  • Laser update - we need to buy, they reimburse - shall we just Action Plan now and get things moving?
  • Who wants to float it on their credit card?
  • Lottery West were very good at paying PLUG within a week or so.
  • Anton is willing to help if we have trouble getting a loan.
  • Let's get updated quote and go for it!

City of Stirling

  • No movement.

GENERAL

Solar panels

  • We have a 3yr lease! We could get another grant from Lottery West!
  • We need ideas and plans.
  • Smart power scheme?
  • What is the major power consumer in the space? It will be the lights and aircon in summer. Update: Power bill for this month was $404!
  • Altronics stupendous discount could extend to the direct change-over leds.

Kitchen

AGM

  • Schedule for 21st of September 2013. To be confirmed at August meeting.
  • 12.00, bbq at 13.00
  • Will be great to get in some fresh blood.

PREVIOUS ACTION ITEMS

  • SKoT, Nick: Scan Certificate of Incorporation: Done
  • Nick: get webinabox credentials from trent, - Daniel has.
  • SKoT: Scan Certificate of Incorporation - scanned
  • Brendan: recover twitter account saying that our email has been hacked. So secure. Not sure
  • Brendan: Start a Management Software System wiki page.
  • Brendan: order parts for 3D printer, special DVI adapter for Anton's projector.
  • Daniel/Peter: Membership/financial report at the end of the month - we'd still like one to work out
  • Agenda item for later: lease renewal - all done!
  • check out BTsync as sparkleshare alternative - everyone get onto it!

Meeting Closed

14:20 pm

ACTION SUMMARY

  • everyone sign up to BTsync
  • Daniel/Peter: Membership/financial report at the end of the month - we'd still like one
  • Correct ReMida on membership permissions.
  • ACTION Daniel - update the price on the membership document.
  • ACTION Nick - remind members that they can get key from Brett. Key numbers to be associated with their full name somewhere.
  • get updated quote for lasercutter
  • ACTION: FIXME: Peter, please list the new members in these minutes
  • ACTION: Daniel: pay De Vita Dixon lawyers $737 for Deed of Extension on lease
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2013.07.20.txt · Last modified: 20140312-0311 (external edit)