User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2013.03.16

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2013.03.16 [20130318-1150]
jenna created
committee:committee_meeting_2013.03.16 [20140312-0311] (current)
Line 9: Line 9:
   * Reports   * Reports
   * Events (NM, blazing swan)   * Events (NM, blazing swan)
-  * Lottery west +  * Lotterywest 
-  * City of stirling+  * City of Stirling
   * General   * General
  
Line 26: Line 26:
 ==== Officer Reports ==== ==== Officer Reports ====
 === Treasurers Report === === Treasurers Report ===
-  * Account: $3896.16, power bill is up a little, ​remida ​membership paid, have not received insurance invoice yet.+  * Account: $3896.16, power bill is up a little, ​[[:​REmida]] ​membership paid, have not received insurance invoice yet.
   * We do not have the next rent money but we will after the next lot of membership invoices go out.   * We do not have the next rent money but we will after the next lot of membership invoices go out.
   * We have not paid Anton except for the electrician. ​   * We have not paid Anton except for the electrician. ​
Line 39: Line 39:
   * Blazing Swan - $150   * Blazing Swan - $150
   * Geek haven - low turnout 1 member, 1 non member. Post on the mailing list, everywhere to catch people not on facebook. ​   * Geek haven - low turnout 1 member, 1 non member. Post on the mailing list, everywhere to catch people not on facebook. ​
-  * Last Noisemaschin!! $800 had to resupply ​atter only 2 performers+  * Last Noisemaschin!! $800 had to resupply ​after only 2 performers
   * Next Noisemaschin!! Promo machine is working!   * Next Noisemaschin!! Promo machine is working!
-  * Arduino ​has been going great.+  * Arduino ​has been going great.
  
 === Arts Liaison Officers Report === === Arts Liaison Officers Report ===
   * Steven Dickie has visited once, is coming again today. We'll try to get some parallel projects going to boost enthusiasm and mutual benefits.   * Steven Dickie has visited once, is coming again today. We'll try to get some parallel projects going to boost enthusiasm and mutual benefits.
   * other artists using the space in collaboration with members involving payment and promo!   * other artists using the space in collaboration with members involving payment and promo!
-  * Dr sketchy's is hiring props for $100.+  * [[http://​www.drsketchyperth.com.au/​|Dr Sketchy's]] is hiring props for $100.
  
 === Infrastructure Officers Report === === Infrastructure Officers Report ===
Line 52: Line 52:
  
 ==== Agenda Items ==== ==== Agenda Items ====
-=== Lottery West ===+=== Lotterywest ​===
   * Our grant is going in the next meeting, not this one.. we are getting coaching on how to make our application all gold-star-worthy. The document ultimately gets signed by the premier.   * Our grant is going in the next meeting, not this one.. we are getting coaching on how to make our application all gold-star-worthy. The document ultimately gets signed by the premier.
   * we have an asset list now that makes everything look rosy!   * we have an asset list now that makes everything look rosy!
-  * lottery west gives out something like $10million per month+  * Lotterywest ​gives out something like $10million per month
   * it is not frowned upon to ask for organisational structuring grant - to get financials all sorted.   * it is not frowned upon to ask for organisational structuring grant - to get financials all sorted.
  
 === City of Stirling === === City of Stirling ===
   * Skot has been communicating intently (noted and much appreciated!!),​ good chat with rob Mccarthy of Men’s Shed   * Skot has been communicating intently (noted and much appreciated!!),​ good chat with rob Mccarthy of Men’s Shed
-  * Jeff Wyber actually got back to Skot, there is a log of the entire saga on the wiki. http://​wiki.artifactory.org.au/​doku.php?​id=committee:​stirling_city_saga+  * Geoff Wyber actually got back to Skot, there is a log of the entire saga on the wiki. http://​wiki.artifactory.org.au/​doku.php?​id=committee:​stirling_city_saga
  
 === General Business === === General Business ===
Line 68: Line 68:
   * There is not much communication between committee members. Skot wonders if it's hitting spam filters. It is not.   * There is not much communication between committee members. Skot wonders if it's hitting spam filters. It is not.
   * Brendan proposes that we design a software solution for membership tracking etc and apply for a grant and get it built and open-sourced so that other spaces can use it.   * Brendan proposes that we design a software solution for membership tracking etc and apply for a grant and get it built and open-sourced so that other spaces can use it.
-  * Daniel and brett to consult the other hackerspaces.+  * Daniel and Brett to consult the other hackerspaces.
   * The last few months have been eerily quiet due mostly to temperature and Skot is wondering if we should open up the space to associate members during certain times.. we won't get a roster off the ground.   * The last few months have been eerily quiet due mostly to temperature and Skot is wondering if we should open up the space to associate members during certain times.. we won't get a roster off the ground.
   * remind people to mailout when they will be in the space, advertising that the space will be open.    * remind people to mailout when they will be in the space, advertising that the space will be open. 
Line 78: Line 78:
   * Secretary: Next time remember to do a call for agenda items!   * Secretary: Next time remember to do a call for agenda items!
   * Chairman to backup if email does not appear.   * Chairman to backup if email does not appear.
-  * Peter D still on the wahackon ​case.+  * Peter D still on the [[http://​www.wahckon.org.au/​]] ​case.
   * Long-term equipment storage outside AV office needs to be addressed.   * Long-term equipment storage outside AV office needs to be addressed.
   * General reminder from Nick to ask for casual day-membership money at the start of an event and not surprise anyone.   * General reminder from Nick to ask for casual day-membership money at the start of an event and not surprise anyone.
Line 86: Line 86:
   * How do we encourage drinks runs so it's not drinks-run chicken between Skot and Jason.. mailout first to avoid double-ups.   * How do we encourage drinks runs so it's not drinks-run chicken between Skot and Jason.. mailout first to avoid double-ups.
   * Do a callout for quartermaster to handle supplies.   * Do a callout for quartermaster to handle supplies.
-  * Daniel and brett to consult the other hackerspaces re software requirements for membership tracking etc.+  * Daniel and Brett to consult the other hackerspaces re software requirements for membership tracking etc.
   * remind people to mailout when they will be in the space, advertising that the space will be open.    * remind people to mailout when they will be in the space, advertising that the space will be open. 
   * Skot to write up a draft proposal re flattening rates for the membership.   * Skot to write up a draft proposal re flattening rates for the membership.
  
  
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2013.03.16.txt · Last modified: 20140312-0311 (external edit)