User Tools

Site Tools


committee:committee_meeting_2012.10.06

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
committee:committee_meeting_2012.10.06 [20121006-1358]
nick Format ACTIONs
committee:committee_meeting_2012.10.06 [20140312-0311] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
-Present: ​  SKoT, Anton, Nick, Peter D., Brett, Daniel, Jason, SKoT +==== Committee meeting for Perth Artifactory 2012-10-06 ====
-Observing: Mel, Garry+
  
-ApologiesJenna, Brendan+DateSaturday 2012-10-06\\ 
 +Location: Perth Artifactory\\ 
 +Meeting Opened: 12:30
  
-Opened12:30+=== Members present and observing === 
 + 
 +PresentSKoT McDonald, Anton Lord, Nick Bannon, Peter Dreisiger, Brett Downing, Daniel Harmsworth, Jason Muirhead 
 + 
 +ObservingMel, Garry Carroll 
 + 
 +Apologies: Jenna Downing, Brendan Ragan
  
 Acting Secretary: SKoT Acting Secretary: SKoT
  
-Minutes of previous - some corrections to positions. Jason is Dept Chair, Peter is Membership officer. Proposed by: Daniel, 2nd: Jason, Carried without dissent.+=== Previous minutes === 
 +Some corrections to positions. Jason is Dept Chair, Peter is Membership officer. Proposed by: Daniel, 2nd: Jason, Carried without dissent
 + 
 +=== Treasury report === 
 +In reasonable position. Bank balance is $4052 this morning, paid rent and is now $406 - earliest we have paid rent in the month for a while. Skip expected to be $100, electricity $250. Treasurer would love a big Rapture. 
 + 
 +=== Membership report === 
 +24 in arrears, 4-5 more than 3 months behind. PD. Garry and Mel, Michael o'​sunglasses still needs to pay, David Fry's form needs to be found. New membership form / documents area needs to be formalized - front office desk, box on top.
  
-Treasury: in reasonable position. Bank balance is $4052 this morning, paid rent and is now $406 - earliest we have paid rent in the month for a while. Skip expected to be $100, electricity $250. Treasurer would love a big Rapture.+=== Events subcommittee ===
  
-Membership: 24 in arrears, 4-5 more than 3 months behind. PD. Garry and Mel, Michael o'​sunglasses still needs to pay, David Fry's form needs to be found. New membership form / documents area needs to be formalized - front office desk, box on top.+* Ran NoiseMaschin
  
-Events: 
-* Run NoiseMaschin 
 * Cryptoparty - 35+ plus! 27-28 non members. Likely to hold here again, maybe (late Nov). Talk nights - gold coin donation. Workshops could be free.? Sets a weird precedent - free nights will be wanted by many groups... Need different costs depending on level of space exclusivity * Cryptoparty - 35+ plus! 27-28 non members. Likely to hold here again, maybe (late Nov). Talk nights - gold coin donation. Workshops could be free.? Sets a weird precedent - free nights will be wanted by many groups... Need different costs depending on level of space exclusivity
 +
 * Treasurer says: good for funding grants to throw a freebie every now and again. * Treasurer says: good for funding grants to throw a freebie every now and again.
-* Red Flag LAN commitee+ 
 +* Red Flag LAN committee 
 * 2 AVE events * 2 AVE events
 +
 * GSPA AGM * GSPA AGM
 +
 * Doug has volunteered Arduino U on 24th * Doug has volunteered Arduino U on 24th
  
 +=== Infrastructure subcommittee ===
 +
 +* all forms (Form 5 and now Form 2) done and signed - Anton will drop forms in on Monday
  
-* Infrastructure - all forms (Form 5 and now Form 2) done and signed - Anton will drop forms in on Monday 
 * Sub woofer - most likely to be amp going DC.  * Sub woofer - most likely to be amp going DC. 
 +
 * Anton has been away last 3 weeks - apologies. ​ * Anton has been away last 3 weeks - apologies. ​
 +
 * Screen up (SKoT) * Screen up (SKoT)
 +
 * Courtyard plan - much chatter on list - getting shed? Slabs? Will need major truck for slabs. 6 people with racks, wheelbarrows,​ compactors - do in a weekend. Drainage must be kept in mind, Compressor shed. 100 old school slabs will weigh 4.5 Tonnes! * Courtyard plan - much chatter on list - getting shed? Slabs? Will need major truck for slabs. 6 people with racks, wheelbarrows,​ compactors - do in a weekend. Drainage must be kept in mind, Compressor shed. 100 old school slabs will weigh 4.5 Tonnes!
 +
 * Daniel will talk to czar about pnuematics * Daniel will talk to czar about pnuematics
 +
 * We'll keep eye out for 3x3 shed. * We'll keep eye out for 3x3 shed.
 +
 * Video projector coming this week. * Video projector coming this week.
 +
 * Brett is working on gantry crane & shark  ​ * Brett is working on gantry crane & shark  ​
 +
 +* Royal Show: Blacksmithing & Woodturning assoc got a lot of visitors, selling trinkets, making a large project. Can we do similar, or ride in? More sausage sizzling talk - non-core activity again... would any members want to do it. 
  
 Property Property
  
-Correspondence+=== Correspondence ​===
  
 * A school contacted us for 3D printing demo - Jenna enthused at them * A school contacted us for 3D printing demo - Jenna enthused at them
 +
 * Daniel trying to chase Lotterywest,​ no response yet. * Daniel trying to chase Lotterywest,​ no response yet.
- 
-Royal Show 
-* Blacksmithing & Woodturning assoc got a lot of visitors, selling trinkets, making a large project. Can we do similar, or ride in? More sausage sizzling talk - non-core activity again... would any members want to do it.  
- 
  
 ==== PREVIOUS ACTIONS DONE: ==== ==== PREVIOUS ACTIONS DONE: ====
  * DONE Skot will start wrangling organisers to decide on dates (esp Arduino events), perhaps put up a year planner above the bar  * DONE Skot will start wrangling organisers to decide on dates (esp Arduino events), perhaps put up a year planner above the bar
-   Arduino TAFE with DougB upcoming on Wednesday 2012-10-24 +   Arduino TAFE with DougB upcoming on Wednesday 2012-10-24 
-   Christian '​@xntrik'​ Frichot, Peter D like the idea of another CryptoParty,​ maybe late November 2012+   Christian '​@xntrik'​ Frichot, Peter D like the idea of another CryptoParty,​ maybe late November 2012
  
  * DONE Daniel make sure committee gets all the committee stuff (wiki permissions etc)  * DONE Daniel make sure committee gets all the committee stuff (wiki permissions etc)
-   Committee email lists updated.+   Committee email lists updated.
  
  * DONE Jenna send a link out with minutes to core so that the general membership can actually read them  * DONE Jenna send a link out with minutes to core so that the general membership can actually read them
  
  * DONE infrastructure sub-committee ​  * DONE infrastructure sub-committee ​
-   Lighting rig, Stage lights - SKoT hung RGB LEDs. +   Lighting rig, Stage lights - SKoT hung RGB LEDs. 
  
  * DONE Skot to get the window cad machines all set up (Vcarve, visual studio, blender, $99 Alibra? putty) ready for running CAD/CAM classes  * DONE Skot to get the window cad machines all set up (Vcarve, visual studio, blender, $99 Alibra? putty) ready for running CAD/CAM classes
-   rolled out new Core2 windows boxes. yay+   rolled out new Core2 windows boxes. yay
  
 ==== ACTION summary ==== ==== ACTION summary ====
 +
 + * ACTION Anton'​s had all forms (Form 5 and now Form 2) done and signed - Anton will drop forms in on Monday 2012-10-08
  
  * ACTION Nick, Anton to visit Bunnings and write a letter to head office  * ACTION Nick, Anton to visit Bunnings and write a letter to head office
-   Nick and Anton, Anton has a contact in Bunnings and Masters to lean on. Can we be a Bunnings category of "​Sporting Association"​ - robot deathmatch?​ +   Nick and Anton, Anton has a contact in Bunnings and Masters to lean on. Can we be a Bunnings category of "​Sporting Association"​ - robot deathmatch?​ 
-   Will apply take first available weekend slots.+   Will apply take first available weekend slots.
  
  * ACTION infrastructure sub-committee ​  * ACTION infrastructure sub-committee ​
-   Anton has wholesale bass bin source - action item, skot to buy next sub. Driver is only $100 less than whole new unit.  +   Anton has wholesale bass bin source - action item, skot to buy next sub. Driver is only $100 less than whole new unit.  
-   Washing machine, dishwasher +   Washing machine, dishwasher 
-   Backyard plan, busybee in progress today +   Backyard plan, busybee in progress today 
-   Gantry crane with guard shark+   Gantry crane with guard shark
  
  * ACTION Anton: Fire Extinguishers:​ Anton has a fire extinguisher company willing to inspect / check for prob $100.  * ACTION Anton: Fire Extinguishers:​ Anton has a fire extinguisher company willing to inspect / check for prob $100.
  
  * ACTION Daniel to chase up Lotterywest  * ACTION Daniel to chase up Lotterywest
-   Three emails sent in the past month, no response from them yet+   Three emails sent in the past month, no response from them yet
  
  * ACTION Daniel and Jenna and Brett and Anton to work with Adam (TAFE) on a fabrication workshop for creatives  * ACTION Daniel and Jenna and Brett and Anton to work with Adam (TAFE) on a fabrication workshop for creatives
Line 83: Line 110:
  
  
-Next Meeting: November 3rd 2012, Saturday 11am. +Next Meeting: November 3rd 2012, Saturday 11am.\\ 
-Closed: 13:23+Meeting ​Closed: 13:23
  
/var/www/wiki.artifactory.org.au/htdocs/data/pages/committee/committee_meeting_2012.10.06.txt · Last modified: 20140312-0311 (external edit)