Date: Saturday 2012-10-06
Location: Perth Artifactory
Meeting Opened: 12:30
Present: SKoT McDonald, Anton Lord, Nick Bannon, Peter Dreisiger, Brett Downing, Daniel Harmsworth, Jason Muirhead
Observing: Mel, Garry Carroll
Apologies: Jenna Downing, Brendan Ragan
Acting Secretary: SKoT
Some corrections to positions. Jason is Dept Chair, Peter is Membership officer. Proposed by: Daniel, 2nd: Jason, Carried without dissent.
In reasonable position. Bank balance is $4052 this morning, paid rent and is now $406 - earliest we have paid rent in the month for a while. Skip expected to be $100, electricity $250. Treasurer would love a big Rapture.
24 in arrears, 4-5 more than 3 months behind. PD. Garry and Mel, Michael o'sunglasses still needs to pay, David Fry's form needs to be found. New membership form / documents area needs to be formalized - front office desk, box on top.
* Ran NoiseMaschin
* Cryptoparty - 35+ plus! 27-28 non members. Likely to hold here again, maybe (late Nov). Talk nights - gold coin donation. Workshops could be free.? Sets a weird precedent - free nights will be wanted by many groups… Need different costs depending on level of space exclusivity
* Treasurer says: good for funding grants to throw a freebie every now and again.
* Red Flag LAN committee
* 2 AVE events
* GSPA AGM
* Doug has volunteered Arduino U on 24th
* all forms (Form 5 and now Form 2) done and signed - Anton will drop forms in on Monday
* Sub woofer - most likely to be amp going DC.
* Anton has been away last 3 weeks - apologies.
* Screen up (SKoT)
* Courtyard plan - much chatter on list - getting shed? Slabs? Will need major truck for slabs. 6 people with racks, wheelbarrows, compactors - do in a weekend. Drainage must be kept in mind, Compressor shed. 100 old school slabs will weigh 4.5 Tonnes!
* Daniel will talk to czar about pnuematics
* We'll keep eye out for 3×3 shed.
* Video projector coming this week.
* Brett is working on gantry crane & shark
* Royal Show: Blacksmithing & Woodturning assoc got a lot of visitors, selling trinkets, making a large project. Can we do similar, or ride in? More sausage sizzling talk - non-core activity again… would any members want to do it.
* A school contacted us for 3D printing demo - Jenna enthused at them
* Daniel trying to chase Lotterywest, no response yet.
* DONE Skot will start wrangling organisers to decide on dates (esp Arduino events), perhaps put up a year planner above the bar
* DONE Daniel make sure committee gets all the committee stuff (wiki permissions etc)
* DONE Jenna send a link out with minutes to core so that the general membership can actually read them
* DONE infrastructure sub-committee
* DONE Skot to get the window cad machines all set up (Vcarve, visual studio, blender, $99 Alibra? putty) ready for running CAD/CAM classes
* ACTION Anton's had all forms (Form 5 and now Form 2) done and signed - Anton will drop forms in on Monday 2012-10-08
* ACTION Nick, Anton to visit Bunnings and write a letter to head office
* ACTION infrastructure sub-committee
* ACTION Anton: Fire Extinguishers: Anton has a fire extinguisher company willing to inspect / check for prob $100.
* ACTION Daniel to chase up Lotterywest
* ACTION Daniel and Jenna and Brett and Anton to work with Adam (TAFE) on a fabrication workshop for creatives
* ACTION Daniel & Nick to look at build linux image for old dells, Monday 2012-10-15 and more
Next Meeting: November 3rd 2012, Saturday 11am.
Meeting Closed: 13:23